Windows 10: Challenge phase requested on every start up

Discus and support Challenge phase requested on every start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tats_too, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tats_too, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Norton Win User

WCG May 2014 Challenge planning thread

Suggest we post it here only and not start the game giveaway thread until after the challenge starts...

I was going to send out the list early myself:

Spoiler: Games for the giveaway A list of awesome titles expertly curated by our own manofthem *Pimp Challenge phase requested on every start up :pimp:

Norton, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 27, 2018
  4. manofthem Win User

WCG May 2014 Challenge planning thread

Click to expand... Yes, I agree completely. I'll post what we have so far so peeps can get a peep, but no thread til challenge starts. *Smile Challenge phase requested on every start up :)

But one thing remains: no gaming during the challenge *Stick Out Tongue Challenge phase requested on every start up :p *Laugh :laugh:

manofthem, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Challenge phase requested on every start up - Similar Threads - Challenge phase requested

2. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?: Really want to get back on to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-go-on-my-laptop-as-its-asking-for-challenge/e6a7ce1c-ce47-4680-833f-bc6c2dc88dfa
  3. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?: Really want to get back on to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-go-on-my-laptop-as-its-asking-for-challenge/e6a7ce1c-ce47-4680-833f-bc6c2dc88dfa
  4. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to disable the start up backup request?

How to disable the start up backup request?: Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to connect my pc to microsoft cloud maybe OneDrive? to backup every file in my pc. I didnt' want to and I never did. The option I...
  6. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE: After making a Microsoft account...i just put my shut the laptop after a while when i open it and try to login it show incorrect pin despite of it being correct and after 5 attempts it shows some challenge phase to enter, which I never had any. Please tell how to resolve this...
  7. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE: After making a Microsoft account...i just put my shut the laptop after a while when i open it and try to login it show incorrect pin despite of it being correct and after 5 attempts it shows some challenge phase to enter, which I never had any. Please tell how to resolve this...
  8. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. What do challenge phase mean on a computer

What do challenge phase mean on a computer: What do challenge phase mean on a computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-challenge-phase-mean-on-a-computer/11783b3c-1a68-430a-8906-f9cc7fd6eff3"
  10. I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase

I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase: Good evening, my new laptop say's I have entered the incorrect pin and several times and now need to enter the challengephrase. Still does not work...