Windows 10: Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7)

Discus and support Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from 7. I want to continue to use Windows Photo Viewer for all image formats, but using forward / back no longer advances the images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotSeveralBadgers, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7)

Recently upgraded from 7. I want to continue to use Windows Photo Viewer for all image formats, but using forward / back no longer advances the images according to the folder's "sort by" option.

I guess it's a long shot, but I wondered if anyone knows how to fix this?

submitted by /u/NotSeveralBadgers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotSeveralBadgers, Jan 28, 2021

2. Windows Photo Viewer ignoring my folder sort options

Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7) [​IMG]

open photo app
    click on settings

look under Source
    if you have multiple folders with images in each add the folder to the list

I have 2 folders in mine
    the one from onedrive auto sorts by date and groups them together
    if I had more folders id add them to my list
    yes all images are shown within the app

Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7) [​IMG]

guess I should re read your post before I comment ... thought you was talking about the Photo App misunderstood WPV

icpwolverine, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 28, 2021
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7)

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

That's also covered in the link I posted. If you change the sort order of a folder in Windows File Explorer and then open one of the photos with Windows Photo Viewer, it will then display the photos from that folder by that order as you scroll though them.

You can also type *.jpg in the Windows File Explorer search box to just show jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer for that folder for example.

ARC1020, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7)

1. Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7) - Similar Threads - Change 7's Photo

2. Sorting Folders in Windows 10 - by last 7 characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting Folders in Windows 10 - by last 7 characters: I have a list of folders with names like: ProjectA.1234567 ProjectQ.1244433 ProjectB.2345678 ProjectC.3456789 ProjectD.4567890 ProjectZ.4456720 I want to sort them in numerical order by the last 7 characters. All folder names have a "period" . followed by a 7-number...
  3. Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.: Hello, Re.: The thread on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27 The script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 is just what I've been looking for, but I get a...
  4. No sorting options?

No sorting options?: Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are Ascending, Decending, and Choose Columns. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  5. Sort FOLDERS

Sort FOLDERS: Hi everyone !!! a very good day to U. so I wanted to sort out my files and folders, where I found out that there is no way to sort my FOLDERS(!). with files like pics or docs it was very easy.I even added tags to some of my pics so that i can sort them according to my...
  6. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...
  7. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...
  8. Setting default sorting options for folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default sorting options for folders?: Is there a way to set a default sorting method for files in folders (by sorting I mean whether files in folders are sorted by date, name or whatever)? When I change the settings through the right click menu it only applies to the folder I'm in at the moment. 77345
  9. Windows Photo Viewer ignoring my folder sort options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photo Viewer ignoring my folder sort options: I like to sort some of my folders by date and for some reason I can't understand, when I open an image with WPV, it gets sorted by name instead of date (the folder remains the same, it's just the WPV that screws everything). If I wanted to see whatever I have inside the...
  10. Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer: Hi, I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file type, and then browse the .jpg files to check focus/colors. Now, when I group the folder into .jpg and .nef files and check the...