Windows 10: change a folder thumbnail?

Discus and support change a folder thumbnail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have been customising my icons and have come across a problem trying to change folder icons. I changed the icon and the thumbnail for an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evan, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Evan Win User

change a folder thumbnail?

Hi,

I have been customising my icons and have come across a problem trying to change folder icons. I changed the icon and the thumbnail for an empty folder, but if the folder has content the thumbnail shows an open folder with the content inside it. how can i customise a folder with content's thumbnail?

Also, while i am here, where can i find the icons in the side bar?

change a folder thumbnail? [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Evan Win User

Hi,

I have been customising my icons and have come across a problem trying to change folder icons. I changed the icon and the thumbnail for an empty folder, but if the folder has content the thumbnail shows an open folder with the content inside it. how can i customise a folder with content's thumbnail?

Also, while i am here, where can i find the icons in the side bar?

change a folder thumbnail? [​IMG]

Thanks.

4. change a folder thumbnail?

Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. change a folder thumbnail? - Similar Threads - change folder thumbnail

2. Thumbnails in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  3. Thumbnails in folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  4. Folder Thumbnail Preview Changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Thumbnail Preview Changes?: Hello, I use an external HDD and created various media folders on there. I customized each folder and chose a file to show on the folder icon; however, the problem I get is that the preview seems to change on me. For example, if I view as extra large icons it displays as the...
  5. Folder Thumbnail Preview Changes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Thumbnail Preview Changes?: Hello, I use an external HDD and created various media folders on there. I customized each folder and chose a file to show on the folder icon; however, the problem I get is that the preview seems to change on me. For example, if I view as extra large icons it displays as the...
  6. Folder Thumbnail Preview Changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to change folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change folder thumbnails?: Hello Im working on creating an Audioobooks catalog for my brother. I Want each folder in my Archive to display single thumbnail with only cover page. I Can obtain this effect if there's exactly one file in the folder. If I have more files in the folder the cover page will...
  8. Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail: Hello everyone *Smile I come with a question to which at this point I am not sure if there is an answer. Back when I had Windows 7 I used Stardock IconPackager to change the icons on my pc, included the ones of the thumbnailed folders, and it worked quite well. Since...
  9. How to change Thumbnail Folder icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Thumbnail Folder icon in windows 10: hello; i have changed folder icons using registry edit, and it worked. But when i change folder view option from small to large, it shows default icon. So is there any way to change thumbnail folder icon ? For reference i am posting below screenshots to further clear my...
  10. Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details: In my laptop, I was set the folder view in thumbnails, when I was open a folder and return to the original folder it was changed to detail view. I was attach the Screenshots to here. 23618