Windows 10: Change a standard account password

Discus and support Change a standard account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by squid56009, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Change a standard account password

My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?

:)

squid56009, Apr 4, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

4. Change a standard account password

How to change Local Standard account password

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that you may not be able to recover the password/reset the password for the Standard User Accounts. However, I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps

1. If you have another Local Admin Account in your PC or a Microsoft Account, you can use the account and try to reset the password.

2. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Here copy/type the command below and hit Enter the command

net user username *

Note: username here is the username of the account that needs a password reset

4. You will receive a prompt to enter the new password for the account. Hit enter after entering the first password option.

5. Once the command runs successfully, reboot your system and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Thema:

Change a standard account password

1. Change a standard account password - Similar Threads - Change standard account

2. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  3. Accidently changed administrator account to standard

Accidently changed administrator account to standard: I accidently changed my one and only administrator account to standard account. I tried most of the videos and ways in YouTube and other sites but they doesn't works. Plz help me ToT Windows 10...
  4. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  5. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  6. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  7. How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?: On one of my laptops, the "Kids" Standard account user can choose to enter a photo password. On a different laptop, the "photo" option is not available, and in fact is not mentioned or shown. I have Windows 10 Pro on both laptops. My account has Admin privileges. How do I...
  8. How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to allow a photo password on a Standard account?: On one of my laptops, the "Kids" Standard account user can choose to enter a photo password. On a different laptop, the "photo" option is not available, and in fact is not mentioned or shown. I have Windows 10 Pro on both laptops. My account has Admin privileges. How do I...
  9. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  10. Change from standard account to administrator account

Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change stantard account password