Windows 10: Change account name on login screen

Discus and support Change account name on login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SandSf, Sep 14, 2019.

1. SandSf Win User

Change account name on login screen

New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for some assistance in changing this to something more appropriate. Thank you in advance.

:)

SandSf, Sep 14, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Windows Login Name

"My ultimate goal is to have my name changed on my Skype account. Which reflects the name on my lock screen."

Apply Step 5 to change the name on your Local account which is appearing on login screen to the name on you MS account profile that you do want to appear.

However, the Skype name is separate from the MS account name if you are using the traditional desktop program. You can change the Skype name to match by opening Skype/Skype tab/My account which takes you to Skype account page. Click your picture/Skype alias/Edit profile on next page/Change name here/Save at page bottom. Good Luck

mrgeek, Sep 25, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Change account name on login screen

Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Change account name on login screen

1. Change account name on login screen - Similar Threads - Change account name

2. Outlook changed my account login name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook changed my account login name: A few months back I activated Outlook for the first time and in renamed my MS account. It doesn't recognize my former login. Why did ths happen and how can it be reversed? ThxRegards, Charles...
  3. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  4. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  5. Name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name on login screen: I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel; however, when I click on the account I want to manage it is not giving me the option to change my name. Could someone help please?...
  6. Need to Change Login Name

Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  7. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 change name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 change name on login screen: How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-name-on-login-screen/faab31e5-4502-4761-ab1f-c2adc79c57e4
  9. Unable to change name on login screen

Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  10. Deleted user account name appears on login screen

Deleted user account name appears on login screen: When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account. This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC). How do I...