Windows 10: Change Account Ownership but keep all apps

Discus and support Change Account Ownership but keep all apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I built a new computer for my daughter but I linked Windows 10 to her email. I need to transfer ownership to mine so I can set hers up under... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ViperPilotLP, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Change Account Ownership but keep all apps

Hi I built a new computer for my daughter but I linked Windows 10 to her email. I need to transfer ownership to mine so I can set hers up under parental controls. I already spent hours loading apps and need to keep them. can you explain the steps to transfer ownership to my account so I can then set her up as a child account?

Thanks

:)

ViperPilotLP, Jul 8, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 8, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Change Account Ownership but keep all apps

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Change Account Ownership but keep all apps

1. Change Account Ownership but keep all apps - Similar Threads - Change Account Ownership

2. Account compromised, email changed and all credentials. Proof of ownership.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account compromised, email changed and all credentials. Proof of ownership.: I recently have been compromised on my computer with a Trojan virus, I got notifications about severe security alerts on my phone regarding my email address. I immediately changed my password for my email address, doesn't even make sense how they got into the account...
  3. Account compromised, email changed and all credentials. Proof of ownership.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account compromised, email changed and all credentials. Proof of ownership.: I recently have been compromised on my computer with a Trojan virus, I got notifications about severe security alerts on my phone regarding my email address. I immediately changed my password for my email address, doesn't even make sense how they got into the account...
  4. Account compromised, email changed and all credentials. Proof of ownership.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ownership of Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ownership of Account: Somehow my 17 year old son managed to replace his Gmail account as the owner of my profile file on my home computer. To sign into to get to my files I now have to use his Gmail and password. All he admits to is doing is setting up a one note account so that he could print an...
  6. Ownership of Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership of Account: Somehow my 17 year old son managed to replace his Gmail account as the owner of my profile file on my home computer. To sign into to get to my files I now have to use his Gmail and password. All he admits to is doing is setting up a one note account so that he could print an...
  7. Ownership of Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  9. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  10. Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data: Hi, I'd like to transfer my old laptop to a family member. I'd like to keep all of the files and data attached to the my profile, just putting these under my family member's account/name. Do I have to manually do this ie backup GB's of photos and files or is there a way...