Windows 10: Change account to child

Discus and support Change account to child in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mommagamer, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Change account to child

When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag.

I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.”

I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work either.

I’ve read other comments that the child was able to change their gamertag but keep their skins/history by putting their email address to the new gamertag- i need more explicit directions! Where do I go first/ do first?????

I was thrilled to learn I can set a timer, but having the hardest time doing it!!!!!

thanks in advance!

:)

Mommagamer, Feb 2, 2020

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Change account to child

Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Change account to child

1. Change account to child - Similar Threads - Change account child

2. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  3. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  4. need to change the child's account birthdate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need to change the child's account birthdate: Hi all,so my main email account is considered as a child's account because the brithdate changed somehow to 2020... but I'm almost 30 so it doesn't make any sense...So following tips from Microsoft team 2 weeks ago I created a microsoft family with my other account, but now...
  5. Change adult account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change adult account to child account: Change adult account to child account I am new to Microsoft. I bought my son an Xbox One console in 2014, in the setup process, I was asked to set up a Microsoft account with parental support, so I set up my hotmail account and created an outlook email account for him. com...
  6. Name Change on child's account

Name Change on child's account: Hello, I do not approve of the name my son chose for his account "Kill All". I would like instructions for changing the name on my 9 year old son's account. Thank you!!...
  7. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  8. Changing password on child's account

Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  9. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...