Windows 10: Change Account Type in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Account Type in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The only thing I can think of its a PC at the firehouse for all users and we don't have a password associated so it logs in automatically. Maybe I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ezerextat, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Change Account Type in Windows 10

The only thing I can think of its a PC at the firehouse for all users and we don't have a password associated so it logs in automatically. Maybe I can assign a password to see if it takes and then after, delete it. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to enable the Administrator. I don't like using that one if I can help it, but in this case looks like I might. I'll update with results. Thanks for the help.

wildncrazyguy, Jun 1, 2016

2. Sorry its been a while. Still no luck. I suspect the issue is beyond repair. What I suspect is someone used a password reset disk of some sort and changed the user which I want to be standard to some equivalent of the builtin administrator. I get; the standard user is a member of the administrators group and also the user group, but when I try to remove the administrator group from the user, it returns an error such as the user is not a member of the administrators group. It is but it isn't.

I do have a quick question, in this case, would I be better to attempt to create a new user and treat this one as corrupt and try to replicate it to the new user. I also suspect the state the user account is in won't let me delete it. so maybe I can disable somehow. Sad thing is everything functioning perfectly fine with no issues. I just can't remove the administrator membership from it. Kind of hate to break it trying to fix it. Thanks.

wildncrazyguy, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If everything is working well without issues, then you could keep the account as is.

Otherwise, sure you could create a new account to use instead, and delete the old one after copying any files you want to keep from it to the new one.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change Account Type in Windows 10

1. Change Account Type in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Account Type

2. Can't change account type in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change account type in windows 10: Hi all,My laptop forces me to change the login password about every month and when I try to change my account type to admin it doesn't allow me to continue.Does anyone now how can I change my account to admin? I think in my previous work place they have restricted my account...
  3. Can't change account type in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account type in windows 10: Hi all,My laptop forces me to change the login password about every month and when I try to change my account type to admin it doesn't allow me to continue.Does anyone now how can I change my account to admin? I think in my previous work place they have restricted my account...
  4. Can't change account type in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Account Type is greyed out in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Change Account Type is greyed out in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you cannot change your User Account type and see the Change Account Type button greyed out in Windows 11/10, this guide will help you fix it. There are different types of accounts on Windows. They are Admin, Standard, Work, School, Child, Guest accounts. Each...
  6. Change Account Type on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Account Type on Windows PC: I have a PC at home for which I want to be signed in on my work account. Originally, that account had both a personal and work account aspect tied to the same email address, but to streamline things, I closed the personal part of that account.The problem is that I am now...
  7. Account Type changing issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Type changing issue: I want to change my account to Standard type but the option is disabled . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-type-changing-issue/26782d3d-2cc3-4a00-b1de-f6cab082c27b
  8. Account Type Change Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Type Change Problem: [IMG]Hello to All; I have newly purchased HP Spectre x360. I have two accounts and type of both account is "Standard account" mistakenly. When I try to change one of them to "Administrator account", It's unable to change. I have put the picture of the problem also. Kindly...
  9. To change the user account type

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  10. change account type to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"