Windows 10: Change Account while keeping data and files

Discus and support Change Account while keeping data and files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben_Foley, May 27, 2022.

1. Ben_Foley Win User

Change Account while keeping data and files

I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11

:)

Ben_Foley, May 27, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 27, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 27, 2022
  4. Change Account while keeping data and files

mail data file

Hello Jameswoodward5,

I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.

It is not recommended to set icloud as default data file as this can lead to crashes for outlook but if you are not facing any crashes you can continue to use it.

to change please follow the steps :

Select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files.

If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account.

Click Set as Default

JaspreetSingh08, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Change Account while keeping data and files

1. Change Account while keeping data and files - Similar Threads - Change Account while

2. Clean install while keeping data and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install while keeping data and apps: 1 I have some things I don't like with my installation of Windows 11 Pro things like: restore points not working, DISM not working, etc.2 I have tried a reinstall but the option to keep apps, data etc doesn't seem to work3 I have another SSD in my machine that I could use to...
  3. Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files: So basically when I bought my son a laptop, I used my microsoft account to sign in at first and now he wants to change the account to his microsoft account as there are times where I would need to enter information in order for him to perform certain tasks such as downloading...
  4. Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files: So basically when I bought my son a laptop, I used my microsoft account to sign in at first and now he wants to change the account to his microsoft account as there are times where I would need to enter information in order for him to perform certain tasks such as downloading...
  5. Change Account while keeping data and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Account while keeping data and files: I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11...
  6. change from microsoft to local account while keeping the configuration and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from microsoft to local account while keeping the configuration and data: My new computer automatically logged me into my Microsoft account, and I now have all my files and configuration on this account. I would like to change the account into a local account, with the same data and configuration, so I will be able to log on to my local account...
  7. change from microsoft to local account while keeping the configuration and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change from microsoft to local account while keeping the configuration and data: My new computer automatically logged me into my Microsoft account, and I now have all my files and configuration on this account. I would like to change the account into a local account, with the same data and configuration, so I will be able to log on to my local account...
  8. Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer laptop ownership to new Microsoft Account while keeping all data: Hi, I'd like to transfer my old laptop to a family member. I'd like to keep all of the files and data attached to the my profile, just putting these under my family member's account/name. Do I have to manually do this ie backup GB's of photos and files or is there a way...
  9. I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to Change my windows account but keep all data and files associated with it.: How can I change the Microsoft account but keep all of the user data associated with it. I.e windows settings, desktop layouts, among other things. The reason this is a problem is that my microsoft games are connected to a different account then the windows account and...
  10. Changing Microsoft Account on Windows (while keeping files)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Microsoft Account on Windows (while keeping files): I have recently created a new Microsoft account (so that I can have a more mature email address than the one that my mom made for me as a kid). I want to use this as my main account on my windows computer, but I don't want to lose all of my current files and settings. Is...