Windows 10: "Change Adapter Options" nothing happens

Discus and support "Change Adapter Options" nothing happens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using my laptop to program devices with a wired ethernet connection. I need to have a specified IP address to interface with the devices. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mxim007, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Mxim007 Win User

"Change Adapter Options" nothing happens

I am using my laptop to program devices with a wired ethernet connection. I need to have a specified IP address to interface with the devices. When I click on "Change adapter Options" nothing happens onscreen, but the fan comes on like the machine is calculating pi to infinity. Some time later minutes, half an hour, the adapters detail shows up. When it shows up, I am able to double-click on the hardware adapter and change to or from fixed IP to automatic assign normally. Usually since I have clicked it a few times, they keep showing up randomly later. This began with one of the recent Windows updates. As I write this, it has been 13 minutes since I clicked on "change adapter options". The fan keeps running hard from the first click on "change adapter options" until I reboot. Any ideas? Is it my McAfee virus software? That is always running when I look at task manager while waiting for the adapters to show up -

:)

Mxim007, Jun 27, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 driver adapter not working

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.
    Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 27, 2020
  4. "Change Adapter Options" nothing happens

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

"Change Adapter Options" nothing happens

1. "Change Adapter Options" nothing happens - Similar Threads - Change Adapter Options

2. Download and nothing happen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  3. Download and nothing happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  4. Download and nothing happen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" nothing happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" nothing happening: So I have gotten a BSOD with the error messege "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" and its been stuck at 0% for a WHILE NOW. I have tried manually pressing the power button on my laptop many times and I cant shut it off, restart it and its not doing anything. My laptop is also...
  6. BSOD "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" nothing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" nothing happening: So I have gotten a BSOD with the error messege "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" and its been stuck at 0% for a WHILE NOW. I have tried manually pressing the power button on my laptop many times and I cant shut it off, restart it and its not doing anything. My laptop is also...
  7. Change Adapter Options Wont Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Adapter Options Wont Open: Hi, For some reason I cannot open 'Change Adapter Options' on Network & Internet Setting under the 'Related settings'. Task manager shows under background processes Windows control panel is running but the window of Network connection is does not show. How to repair this?...
  8. Restart is 100% but nothing happens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart is 100% but nothing happens: [IMG] I'm having this problem now and I don't know what else to do. I've tried to boot into safe mode but this thing happened too. Tried the restore point thing too but it just showing errors too no matter which restore point I've chosen. I've also tried the sfc scannow and...
  9. Change Adapter Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Adapter Options: Why am I having to continuously change my adapter setting to get on the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-adapter-options/418498c8-8891-41e1-b302-6c3d6883c4ef
  10. Can't change Background/Wallpaper... nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change Background/Wallpaper... nothing happens: When I go to Settings -> Personalisation -> Background and try to change my wallpaper to one of my own pictures nothing happens. When I choose one of the Windows pictures (that one of the guy running along the beach with those big rocks in the background for example) again,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is nothing in change adapter settings

2. I have go to change adapter settings but nothing there