Windows 10: Change admin

Discus and support Change admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am passing along my older laptop to a family member. How can I change the computer's admin status from my name, email and photo to hers?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarjV, Jan 2, 2020.

1. MarjV Win User

Change admin

I am passing along my older laptop to a family member.

How can I change the computer's admin status from my name, email and photo to hers?

:)

MarjV, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 2, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

Change admin

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Change admin

1. Change admin - Similar Threads - Change admin

2. Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...: Hello,Just purchased a new pc windows 11 and my young son rushed to set it up by creating a new MS email account as an admin. He put his age in and then the process was asking for parental control so he set another email account for providing the necessary approvals.Current...
  3. Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Admin account on a Windows 11 pc. Cant change the Admin account, cant do...: Hello,Just purchased a new pc windows 11 and my young son rushed to set it up by creating a new MS email account as an admin. He put his age in and then the process was asking for parental control so he set another email account for providing the necessary approvals.Current...
  4. How can I change the admin directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the admin directory?: When Dell migrated to my new pc, going from Windows 10 to Windows 11, it created my admin directory as User/gjcev. I would like the admin directory to be User/Gloria, as that is where all my data is from my old pc. How can I fix that?...
  5. How can I change the admin directory?

How can I change the admin directory?: When Dell migrated to my new pc, going from Windows 10 to Windows 11, it created my admin directory as User/gjcev. I would like the admin directory to be User/Gloria, as that is where all my data is from my old pc. How can I fix that?...
  6. Change password by non-admin group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password by non-admin group: Dear Microsoft Team,I have Windows a 10/11 laptop. I have created some groups different from Administrators. In each group, I have some users. I want to permit that the users of one group could change their own passwords and other groups passwords except from Administrators...
  7. Change password by non-admin group

Change password by non-admin group: Dear Microsoft Team,I have Windows a 10/11 laptop. I have created some groups different from Administrators. In each group, I have some users. I want to permit that the users of one group could change their own passwords and other groups passwords except from Administrators...
  8. Why do I internet to log into my computer and Microsoft account after I changed the admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I internet to log into my computer and Microsoft account after I changed the admin...: After using the shift and F9 key getting to command prompt or DOS Prompt getting to the security screen and making the administrator password change hitting f10 key to leave and save, with my phone Bluetoothed and using wifi as I am signing in the promt tells me I need to be...
  9. Why do I internet to log into my computer and Microsoft account after I changed the admin...

Why do I internet to log into my computer and Microsoft account after I changed the admin...: After using the shift and F9 key getting to command prompt or DOS Prompt getting to the security screen and making the administrator password change hitting f10 key to leave and save, with my phone Bluetoothed and using wifi as I am signing in the promt tells me I need to be...
  10. Why do I internet to log into my computer and Microsoft account after I changed the admin...

in Windows 10 Customization