Windows 10: Change admin

Discus and support Change admin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so my dad gave me his laptop and it has windows 10 on it but I am trying to download something but it says I need admin password to continue how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Krillin157, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Change admin

Ok so my dad gave me his laptop and it has windows 10 on it but I am trying to download something but it says I need admin password to continue how do I get the password or reset the admin, I would ask my dad for the password but he is never around for me to ask him.

submitted by /u/Krillin157
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Krillin157, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 1, 2020
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Change admin

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Change admin

1. Change admin - Similar Threads - Change admin

2. Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.: This is by far the worst system fault I have ever experienced with windows. It's just unbelievable. I used to have my admin account, set up with a microsoft account, and once I needed to access microsoft website, not even a native app, with my sons account, and suddenly my...
  3. How to change account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change account admin: How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set up. I have my address set up now as a family member but cannot delete the incorrect address. Help?!? in simplest steps...
  4. change admin user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change admin user name: how do i change my admin user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-user-name/885ba043-3624-4cd3-a6ce-ca4611f14424
  5. In Windows 10, how do I change the Admin name so it appears on the monitor at startup...?

In Windows 10, how do I change the Admin name so it appears on the monitor at startup...?: In Windows 10, how do I change the Admin name so it appears on the monitor at startup...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-do-i-change-the-admin-name-so-it/c9350b5c-dec8-42e2-84ab-88e3bd5fcc80
  6. How do i change my windows account back to and admin with only a local account?

How do i change my windows account back to and admin with only a local account?: Hi so I changed my only account the one I'm using to a local account and I'm trying to do something but I can't without having to enter a admin username and password. so what I'm wondering is how to I switch my account to a administrator while being a loacal...
  7. My admin password was changed for widows 10. How can I reset it?

My admin password was changed for widows 10. How can I reset it?: My windows administrator password was changed remotely without me knowing it. I do not know what it was changed to. How do I override it, and change it back to a password that I created?...
  8. Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?: Hello, I have a bit of a problem that needs solving. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and until now, as far as I know, I was able to edit system files, delete ones in the C: drive, and such. And now, I can't do that, so is there a way to fix it? When I try to open up the...
  9. Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device: Hello, We have a family laptop which had one user profile which we all used, i bought a game for my daughter and to install it I had to log on to the laptop with my Microsoft account. I did this and it set me as an administrator and took our family profile and made it mine....
  10. Local Admin account settings keep changing

Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...