Windows 10: Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

Discus and support Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope you can help, I turned on "Run as Administrator" with my app (Which stopped it for working) I turned to turn it off but instead... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michaelawakka, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

Hello all, I hope you can help,
    I turned on "Run as Administrator" with my app (Which stopped it for working)
    I turned to turn it off but instead locked myself out of the Administrator account and can't do anything as i forgot y passwords as i always use my pin
    Please can someone help or do i have to take it in to the tech shop ?? thank you all

:)

Michaelawakka, Dec 8, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Win8.1 can "Run as administrator" be deactived?

Just like Windows 7 you have two options.

1.) Turn off User Account Control. This will automatically run everything as administrator.
    2.) Use the hidden True Administrator account. This will break most of the Apps in Windows 8 though(some consider this a good thing*Laugh :laughChange Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app" :).

The option to run as administrator will still be there, but you'll never have to use it.

newtekie1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

User Account Control may have made the changes on your computer that caused this. For us to help you correct this, we suggest that you toggle between the options of turning off and turning back on your User Account Control and see if there will be any changes
    on your applications. Kindly follow the steps below on how to turn User Account Control On or Off:

• Type in UAC on the search bar.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • Perform the following steps:
      • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
        OK.
      • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click
        OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter your administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

Win8.1 can "Run as administrator" be deactived?

Then there is something definitely wrong because actually with UAC enabled I'm able to create a folder in Program Files.

Are you sure the account you are using is actually set up as an administrator account and not a standard user? By default when you create a user in Windows 8.1 it creates it as a standard user, it no longer asks you if you want it to be an administrator or a standard user. After you create the account you have to go back and change it to an administrator account through control panel.

That's a good thing! *Laugh :laugh:

newtekie1, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

1. Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app" - Similar Threads - Change Administrator Turning

2. Run as an administrator...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  3. Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's: Hello Community; I have an HP Desktop with OS of Windows 10. SCENERIO; I used to be able to RIGHT click on the start icon the bottom left of the desktop and in the dropdown list there was " RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR or ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILAGES " but now when I right click on the...
  4. apps need to run as administrator

apps need to run as administrator: I recently reinstalled windows 10 and found that certain apps only worked when I ran as administrator. But before I reinstalled windows the same apps never asked to run as admin. The app in this case is Gif Your Game. To access my game it requires to be run as admin, but...
  5. run as administrator

run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  6. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  7. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  8. Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  9. Unable to run apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...
  10. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...