Windows 10: change administrator dont have access to old email

Discus and support change administrator dont have access to old email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to change my administrator account (call it admin 1) . I now don't have access to this email account. Under 'family and other people'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mjparker12345, Jun 8, 2019.

1. change administrator dont have access to old email

Hi

I am trying to change my administrator account (call it admin 1) . I now don't have access to this email account.

Under 'family and other people' I have managed to put my new email (say admin 2) as part of the family. I also managed to change admin2 to an administrator.

However when I go into 'accounts' it shows the administrator as Admin 1 (under the large circle with the man in ti).

I would appreciate any advice has to how to get rid of 'Admin1' and to replace it with 'admin2".

Thanks

:)

mjparker12345, Jun 8, 2019

2. Change administrator email

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You can just provide the Administrator privileges to your personal Microsoft account from your current Admin account (work email ID). To do so follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Family and Other Users.
    • Select the account that you wish to change to Admin account.
    • You'll get an option to Change account type. Click on it and change it to
      Administrator.

If you wish to sign out from the Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key, Type manage your account
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Your account tab.
    • One the right side, you'll see an option to Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Click on it and enter your password to make changes.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create a local account.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Change Administrator on old computer

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. To help you change the administrator account on your computer, you may need to
    create a new account first by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to create a new user account
    on your device.

Furthermore, log in to the newly created admin account and then delete the old one from the
    Settings. To do this, you may proceed with the following steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people.
    • Under the Other people section, select the account that you want to delete, and then click the
      Remove button.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if you can properly remove the old account on your computer.

***If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Jun 8, 2019
  4. change administrator dont have access to old email

Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

change administrator dont have access to old email

1. change administrator dont have access to old email - Similar Threads - change administrator dont

2. I dont have administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have administrator: So a while ago i got my windows 11 and my mom made an account on it and made it the administator but she forgot the pin so whenever i wanna download something that i need administrator to do i cant because she forgot the pin is there a way to delete the account or get the pin...
  3. I dont have administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have administrator: So a while ago i got my windows 11 and my mom made an account on it and made it the administator but she forgot the pin so whenever i wanna download something that i need administrator to do i cant because she forgot the pin is there a way to delete the account or get the pin...
  4. Dont Have Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dont Have Access: Hello! My pc has this thing where when i try to open certain apps or download games it will say "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I've watched videos on how to fix it but there not...
  5. How do you delete an old email address that you dont have access anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you delete an old email address that you dont have access anymore?: I recently graduated from university and have no further use for my old university email address. I intentionally let the email password lapse and can no longer sign into the account in question. I've been getting quite a bit of notifications on my computer asking me to fix...
  6. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. 139069
  7. Change Administrator Email

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Administrator Email: I recently closed my email account due to excessive spam. How can I change my Administrator Email for Windows 10? I keep getting notifications to Fix my account. [img] 139069
  8. I dont have an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    I dont have an administrator: I Dont know what to do im trying to change my user name cause it as an ! in the user name so if i try to run anything that uses java it wont work and i never found an administrator account on this pc so plz help as much as possible...
  9. Change Administrator email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator email: I need to change my pc administrator email address, but it doesn't seem there is a place to change it. Does anyone know how to make the change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-administrator-email/f64f39f1-20be-4344-b4bf-fcf39a4c4cdc"
  10. Change Administrator Email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Administrator Email: I hope I can explain this correctly. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I had been using a Sbcglobal email but have since changed to an Outlook.com email. I'm still currently using the former but not for much longer. We have two User Accounts (mine & wife's) on this...