Windows 10: Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

Discus and support Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ScottMcalee, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost

***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***

:)

ScottMcalee, Mar 1, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Snake05 Win User
    Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Mar 1, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

1. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost. - Similar Threads - Change administrator rights

2. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  3. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  4. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account

I can't create an administrator account I lost password for the orignal administrator account: how to create new administrator account every time I try to do anything UAC pops up. I can't update anymore. Please help. I have a Microsoft account & created a local account....
  6. Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wanting to remove or change current administrator account!: How do I.. remove the administrator info and account? My device was set by my partner whome put his info in the computer as administrator ,and i do not know how to change or remover the profile .. Can someone give me a walk through i have a hp pavilion with windows ten...
  7. Administrator Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Password: Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell. Thanks in advance....
  8. administrator account lost

administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.: Hello, so I installed Windows 10 Pro and had few problems with Internet drivers and had to Reset PC using that option in Settings - Update and Security. After that reset I've been renamed as Andrius.DESKTOP-29DL6UF as shown in screenshot. Andrius should be the only user on...