Windows 10: Change administrator sign-in name

Discus and support Change administrator sign-in name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yvonne Nortjé, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Change administrator sign-in name

I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10

:)

Yvonne Nortjé, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 22, 2020
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Change administrator sign-in name

Owner/Administrator Name Change

Hi James,

Editing the user profile depends on the type of your account. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you’re using a Microsoft account or a local account.

If you are using a Microsoft account, you can edit the sign-in name by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Your info.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • On your Profile, click Edit name.
    • Change your username.
    • Hit Save.
    • Restart your computer.

If you have a local account, you can edit it by going to the Control Panel. Follow these steps:

• Type Control Panel in Search.
    • Launch Control Panel.
    • Click the Change account type link.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click the Change the account name link.
    • Enter the new credentials.
    • Hit Change Name.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Change administrator sign-in name

1. Change administrator sign-in name - Similar Threads - Change administrator sign

2. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrator Name: The answers here for changing an administrator name don't work for Windows 11.That is: Navigating to User Accounts in the Control Panel, there is no "change user name" option, as is described in one post. Microsoft's official response is to open Computer Management and look...
  3. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Administrator Name: The answers here for changing an administrator name don't work for Windows 11.That is: Navigating to User Accounts in the Control Panel, there is no "change user name" option, as is described in one post. Microsoft's official response is to open Computer Management and look...
  4. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  5. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  6. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Name: How do you change the administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/20ad9d9b-c53a-4b49-a67c-45efd9a0a3c3
  7. change administrator name

change administrator name: My mom passed her old PC on to me and I want to change the administrator name to mine. How do I go about this? I've tried logging in with my Microsoft account instead, however, I am now also stuck creating a password for this as I initially opted to log in via google....
  8. change administrator name

change administrator name: How do I change the administrators name with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/7c1a41d8-fc6a-41f0-bf4d-7db648001d71
  9. Sign-in name change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in name change: Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!...
  10. Administrator Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...