Windows 10: change administrator

Discus and support change administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I change the administrator when you don't have the password for the current administrator ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by williamjohnsonqa, Feb 17, 2019.

1. change administrator

How do I change the administrator when you don't have the password for the current administrator ?

:)

williamjohnsonqa, Feb 17, 2019

2. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 17, 2019
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 17, 2019
  4. change administrator

How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

change administrator

1. change administrator - Similar Threads - change administrator

2. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  3. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  4. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  6. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  7. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  8. How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11

How do I remove/change administrator email on windows 11: Hello MicrosoftI have administrator email on windows 11 and someone hacked into my email and changed password and I can not acces this email anymore. I dont feel safe having this email as my administrator email on my windows computer.Can you help me and explain how can I...
  9. how to change administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change administrator: my laptop is logged into my account but its not showing my email under my account its a different one now i dont have control over my laptop because im no longer the administrator. the email logged into the account doesnt give me the option to log out and its also not sending...
  10. how to change administrator

how to change administrator: my laptop is logged into my account but its not showing my email under my account its a different one now i dont have control over my laptop because im no longer the administrator. the email logged into the account doesnt give me the option to log out and its also not sending...