Windows 10: Change administrators and Outlook Question

Discus and support Change administrators and Outlook Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to change administrators on a single person computer which was given to me (Windows 10). How do I do that? How do I find the log in? As to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipSteinberg1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Change administrators and Outlook Question

I want to change administrators on a single person computer which was given to me (Windows 10). How do I do that? How do I find the log in?

As to Outook, the previous owner still has his email still on the machine. I want to either add my account, or in the alternative delete his and add mine. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

PhilipSteinberg1, Aug 26, 2019

2. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 26, 2019
  3. how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Change administrators and Outlook Question

How to change main administrator on Windows 10 for HP?

Hello,

Kindly try the below steps to change the account type from Admin to Standard account and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.
    • Select the account which you want to change.
    • Now click on change the account type.
    • Select Standard
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type.

To enable the built in admin account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).
    • In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

• Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Change administrators and Outlook Question

1. Change administrators and Outlook Question - Similar Threads - Change administrators Outlook

2. Administrator Rights Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Rights Question: I am the only person that uses my laptop and I have an administrator user account. Whenever I go to make changes to my computer it pops up I must have administrator rights to do it and then a popup appears on the screen and I hit continue or whatnot. I'm trying to figure out...
  3. Administrator Rights Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Rights Question: I am the only person that uses my laptop and I have an administrator user account. Whenever I go to make changes to my computer it pops up I must have administrator rights to do it and then a popup appears on the screen and I hit continue or whatnot. I'm trying to figure out...
  4. Administrator Rights Question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Outlook account as Administrator

Change Outlook account as Administrator: Hi,I am using this Wesitnghouse PC as an administrator. My administrator profile is using an Outlook account right now which I've forgotten the password for. How can I change the Outlook account for my administrator profile for my PC? I've tried contacting Microsoft Support....
  6. Change Administrator on Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Administrator on Outlook: How do I change Administrator on Outlook/Windows 10 so that I can delete empty and redundant folders? A right click does not do the necessary asDelete Folder is in grey....
  7. Administrator Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Question: I just purchased a new machine that runs Windows for Home/Student. I created two accounts for myself - both Administrators. There are still folders they can't access due to permissions, e.g. C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps. I enabled the hidden Administrator account, and it can't...
  8. Outlook question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook question: I have a client who came to me with a peculiar question. I figure this is just an aspect I've never encountered, but it does seem like a frustrating problem. He's using Outlook 2016, and has sorting emails into folders. When he moved an email to a folder, the pane that's...
  9. Administrator question

Administrator question: My late husband was the administrator on our desktop computer (windows 10). How do I delete his account and make me the administrator? Thank you. Christi V....
  10. Question about outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Question about outlook: Hello. I am trying to access outlook.com and I receive an error at my two pcs. I did a clean install, I updated to creators update, nothing changed so far. Why is happening that and how to solve it? I noticed the problem since the new outlook.com theme. thnx in advance for...