Windows 10: Change age of "child" back to adult

Discus and support Change age of "child" back to adult in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jen silver, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Change age of "child" back to adult

My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to remove the account from any "Family" services and change the age back to my actual adult age, so that I can use the account normally again.At the suggestion of various MS help folks that I communicated with, I have tried adding a new dummy account to the same "family", but doing so did not expose any options for c

:)

Jen silver, Jul 7, 2022

2. How to change child account to adult

Hi Brookelynn,

Your Xbox Live account age will be based from the Date of Birth that you entered when you created your Xbox Live profile online. Once the account reaches the age of 18 years old, it will automatically change to adult.

If you accidentally set up an incorrect Date of Birth on the account, you have to wait for the account to become an adult or create a new account with the correct Date of Birth. However, if your account shows the correct Date of Birth and the system recognizes
    it as child account, you can promote the child account to adult by adding a payment instrument and a billing information to your Microsoft Account. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to add a payment instrument to your account.

You may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 7, 2022
  3. Changing a child account to adult

Hi Thomas,

For child accounts, in some regions, if the birthdate on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in to verify that the user account is no longer a child. Regions such as the United States of America and the
    Republic of Korea, and other regions regulate what children can do online.

The user account that needs to be changed to an adult account needs to submit proof of age. For more information about age verification, you can check out this
    Microsoft article.

Let me know if you need further assiatnce with age verification.

Aileen Alf, Jul 7, 2022
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Change age of "child" back to adult

Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

Change age of "child" back to adult

1. Change age of "child" back to adult - Similar Threads - Change age child

2. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  3. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  4. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  7. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  8. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826
  9. Child to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child to adult: I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-to-adult/930eca1b-6c5f-4b17-86db-79913ecc99e0
  10. Change child administrator to adult

Change child administrator to adult: We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it...