Windows 10: Change all system icons?

Discus and support Change all system icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to make my Windows 10 look like Vista. I loved the way it looked, not so much how it acted. But I am having some real trouble here. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Change all system icons?

I am trying to make my Windows 10 look like Vista. I loved the way it looked, not so much how it acted. But I am having some real trouble here. How do I do this? Is there a way to import the vista imageres.dll or modify the windows 10? How can I make this work?

I can't get these to change on "This PC" because there is no customize option under right click.

Change all system icons? [​IMG]

But if I go to "C:/Users/Me" I can change the icons as seen here, but even so some do not have an icon customize option:

I want to have the folders change as well. But not just NEW folder, all folders like below:

Also the File Explorer Icons:

:)

RECONBunny, Feb 2, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

Change Operating System with all your info

Only you can answer that question.

JimWynne, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Change Operating System with all your info

Original title: Windows10

Is it worth the hassel to change operating systems with all your info is already set ?

RobertEngsberg, Feb 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Change all system icons?

Hi, this won't change all you want: I've used
    Damian's Homepage
    Iconchanger

=> some 77 Win 7 icons changed in imageres.dll.

It creates a patched copy, but I've found I have to manually copy that in.

Doesn't change everything of course.

dalchina, Feb 2, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Try to find an icon package installer, (iPack), easiest.

Edwin, Feb 2, 2017
  6. None of those are helpful. There has to be a way to do this in Windows Via Registry Editor or SOMETHING. It has to be possible.

RECONBunny, Feb 2, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Try a Stardock product then.

dalchina, Feb 3, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Change all system icons?

"Scorpion" Icon Packager from Stardock.
    However, there are still some elements that cannot be changed!
    (A custom iPack is still easier!)

Edwin, Feb 3, 2017
  9. Hi.
    Just read this........try using small portable file from

My Drive Icon - LeeLu Soft Home

Have used it in W7, Win 8.1 and now Win10 AV edition.

Win10 updates sometimes reset them to default, but quick and easy to keep using it to revert to icon of your choice.

brotherboard, Feb 12, 2017
  10. I already found a way. I marked this solved. I had to use IconPackager.

RECONBunny, Feb 12, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Neat program- works for me. Useful as for some reason imageres.dll modified by Icon Changer (free) suddenly no longer changes the disk icons. No idea why..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change all system icons?

1. Change all system icons? - Similar Threads - Change system icons

2. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  4. Icons in the system tray are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in the system tray are all greyed out: As on the title says my icons in the system tray are all greyed out. I cant click on it and it is not responding. I can connect inside settings but the icon are still greyed on the tray. No changes made on this PC that might cause the issue....
  5. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  6. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  7. All icons changed to icon of Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    All icons changed to icon of Windows Photo Viewer: Hello, I was having problems with Photos app of Windows 10. So, I decided to find a way to Windows Photo Viewer of Windows 7. I found a way by editing the registry. It completed successfully with no any problems and I was able to switch to the photo viewer of Win 7. But...
  8. PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.

PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.: All of my PDF files have had their icons changed to Chrome icons. The files no longer open with Acrobat Reader....they now open through the Chrome browser. I'm not sure what caused this. The only thing I can think of is that my girlfriend was on my computer renaming a PDF...
  9. ALL icons missing...from entire system...!

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing...from entire system...!: 2 days ago, I was trying to load up some vacation pics from a Cd from the DVD drive when phone rang. After returning to the 'puter, the DVD was buzzing around all over and not stopping with the screen going black. I shut everything down, retrieved the CD, and rebooted to home...
  10. All system icons are missing

in Windows 10 Support
    All system icons are missing: I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem so I would be grateful if someone here would like to help me. The problem is this: I have Windows 10 Home and all of my...