Windows 10: Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10

Discus and support Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; recent update change the default function of using alt-f4, I'd like to change it back to having it close the current window. I've tried searching every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skibo1219, Jul 14, 2020.

1. skibo1219 Win User

Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10

recent update change the default function of using alt-f4, I'd like to change it back to having it close the current window. I've tried searching every and keep getting pushed into using a 3rd party program to change the default hotkeys. Is there a way to edit the default windows hotkeys alt+ or windows key??

:)

skibo1219, Jul 14, 2020
  2. albert1 Win User

Alt-F4 produces playlists

Every time I use ALT-F4 for a current window it produces "Playlists" for music.

Won't behave as before closing current window.

How do I change back to normal ALT-F4 behavior?

I did attempt to change things from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center but none of the settings have effected ALT-F4.

albert1, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Alt F4 does not close a window

I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new ms machine and the kbd driver doesn't work properly???

EdwinBoender, Jul 14, 2020
  4. MichelB62 Win User

Alt-F4 to close Windows? --> Switch User

I was used to turn off my computer by pressing Alt-F4 a few times. It would end with a window opening that had as default 'Shut down'. Not any more. Now I get 'Switch user' as default. And choosing 'Shut down' will not give me that wanted and expected
    choice the next time. I even used the regular way to shut down my computer, by clicking Start (followed by Power and Shut down) hoping it would revert back. How can I get my 'Shut down' back when I press Alt-F4?

MichelB62, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10 - Similar Threads - Change Alt close

2. Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?: As the title says. After I updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, pressing ALT+F4 is now closing my background apps instead of the active app in front of my screen. Here's a video example....
  3. Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?: As the title says. After I updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, pressing ALT+F4 is now closing my background apps instead of the active app in front of my screen. Here's a video example....
  4. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  5. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  6. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips: You may know Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can close windows but when you do to the desktop Window Key + D Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can also used to Shut Down/Restart/Switch Users/Sleep the computer....
  8. Alt-F4 change back to close window

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-F4 change back to close window: Idk what happened to alt-f4 that it changed to shut down/change user menu, but I want it back as close window. I dont want to use AHK just for 1 hotkey, and afaik win10 does not have a way to change/edit windows hotkeys without editing the registry. So, what can i do to edit...
  9. Alt-F4 to close Windows? --> Switch User

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt-F4 to close Windows? --> Switch User: I was used to turn off my computer by pressing Alt-F4 a few times. It would end with a window opening that had as default 'Shut down'. Not any more. Now I get 'Switch user' as default. And choosing 'Shut down' will not give me that wanted and expected choice the next time. I...
  10. Alt F4 does not close a window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt F4 does not close a window: I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new ms machine and the kbd driver doesn't work properly???...