Windows 10: Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

Discus and support Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by perdrix, May 22, 2016.

1. perdrix Win User

Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start button).

Is there any way using registry entries or mods to the shortcut to have it continue to run but not show in the taskbar?

Please not I am *not* talking about the stuff that's at the right hand end of the task bar (notifications and such).

I don't have source so can't change the application.

Cheers
    Dave

:)

perdrix, May 22, 2016

2. Window minimises to the screen on the left

Greetings all,

I have a strange "problem" with not 1 (as I originally thought) but a couple of applications, but not all of them. When I minimise the application, the taskbar icon moves to the screen to the left. If I maximise it it comes back to the screen it was before.
    Also it doesn't matter where you are having the application maximised, the taskbar icon always appears on the main screen's taskbar. It doesn't matter if it's pinned or not. I currently have 3 monitors connected with 1 being the primary (3---2---1). If I use
    the program on monitor 2 the taskbar icon is appearing on monitor's 1 taskbar, the application it self is on monitor 2 and if I minimise this application then the taskbar icon will disappear from monitor's 1 taskbar (if the application is not pinned) and appear
    on monitor's 3 taskbar(pinned or unpinned). So far it's happening on two applications, MTputty and Workshop4 (a program for 4D Lcds). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dimitris

Dimitrios Mitsas, May 22, 2016
  3. cherbonk Win User
    Rossbro- NO Taskbar across bottom, at all.

I have the taskbar issue, but haven't used Cortana, yet.

The taskbar appears on both sides, but not on top or bottom. It's probably there, but doesn't appear at all. Like the original poster said, it's an inch below the screen.

Should I change resolution?

Thanks

cherbonk, May 22, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

You could try "TrayIt", which minimizes a running application to the system tray instead of the taskbar:

Minimize apps to system tray (notification area) with TrayIt!

Edwin, May 22, 2016
  5. perdrix Win User
    I also tried "Taskbar Hide" and while that saw the application it then showed in both the taskbar and the notification area *Sad

Dave

perdrix, May 22, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Did you try "TrayIt"?

Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar [​IMG]

Edwin, May 22, 2016
  7. perdrix Win User
    Strange! I thought I'd also posted a reply about TrayIt! saying that it couldn't see the application in question, so couldn't do anything with it!

Dave

perdrix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Change application doesn't

2. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  3. some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear

some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear: some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear even though i open it. i have restart my laptop but still same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-icon-at-taskbar-doesnt-appear/039095f2-3928-40a0-bf9e-6d22b0e3322e
  4. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  5. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  6. application name on taskbar will change

in Windows 10 Customization
    application name on taskbar will change: I launch an application you can see the name on the taskbar is correct. [ATTACH] But when I pin it to taskbar, the name is changed. [ATTACH] I wonder where taskbar get the application name string? I am not sure if it is a problem of windows or the application....
  7. Taskbar appearance changed by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar appearance changed by itself: When I turned on my pc and Windows 10 booted up, the taskbar, start menu and frame of every program/window I open is just the stock gray background. Everything functions completely normally so that is good, but I used to always have it on the "aero" look. I know that's what...
  8. Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen: For starters, I use an Acer Predator 15 with an Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram and a 970M graphics card (let me know if you require any further info). The laptop is not that old (2 and a half years) and has no performance issues when it comes to running the applications that...
  9. Change or modify applications in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Change or modify applications in taskbar: There is a possibility to change or modify the applications installed, like in windows 7 [img] Where is the folder in user, where the link are stored ? Thank 12151
  10. Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?: Is it possible to configure an application so it doesn't appear in the task bar? Thanks Dave 34595