Windows 10: Change app color background back to accent color

Discus and support Change app color background back to accent color in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jake_the_Sipper, May 15, 2020.

1. Change app color background back to accent color

/u/Jake_the_Sipper, May 15, 2020
  2. LazarKING Win User

ACCENT COLOR PROBLEM

I have problem with accent color in Windows 10 (10586 build).

When I set multiple images for background or slideshow, accent color on some of the pictures will not change. In an earlier version of Windows 10, the accent color was gray, now blue. To solve this problem,
    I need to reset "explorer" from the Task Manager or switch (off/on) "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Settings. But on change the background image, the problem reappears. I noticed this problem on many computers.

LazarKING, May 23, 2020
  3. Changing the background color of apps

Hi,

There may be settings on your computer that has been changed that's why the background color of your apps has also changed. With Chrome, you may have added a color change extension to it which allows users to change its background color. With Microsoft Office
    applications, there are options to change its background color depending on which application you have open. Below are some of the option:

Change the background or color of a document

Add or change the background color of cells

Change the Office theme

However, for us to properly isolate this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Have you made any changes or performed any updates on your computer before this happened?
    • Aside from adjusting the appearance settings on your PC, what other steps have you tried?

If possible, we would like to ask for a screenshot of your Office applications to help us sort this out.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 23, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Change app color background back to accent color

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Change app color background back to accent color

1. Change app color background back to accent color - Similar Threads - Change app color

2. Accent colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent colors: Why, when I set my accent color to sunflower yellow, does my taskbar look dirty green? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accent-colors/5ce2cacf-8186-4a04-869d-ec4772659f6f
  3. colors, accents of both apps and background

in Windows 10 Customization
    colors, accents of both apps and background: Hi, suddenly, the colors of not only my background on my main screen, but so did the background in every app. My excel is now black with white lettering, with pink borders. when i log into work remotely, my outlook when from the traditional white background with blue...
  4. Accent color

Accent color: I opened the start menu tonight and almost the entire thing was full of yellow boxes. This is the first time this happened and I want it to go away. After some research I found out that it was called Accent./ I changed it to grey for now but I want it to match my start menu...
  5. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  6. Accent Color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent Color: [ATTACH] Hello guys, actually I'm using UXtheme patcher to apply theme for my windows.. but the problem is, when I change the accent color, the background color of text at titlebar also changed. Can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you...
  7. Accent Color

Accent Color: I just changed my keyboard and mouse and NOW everything is HOT PINK. The color chart on my colors does NOT have the right color that matches the description of what actual color it is - attaching a screen shot. I do NOT want HOT PINK! And the sky on my themes changed from...
  8. Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent color changes when chrome is in the 'background': [ATTACH] Hi - I have my windows color settings set to yellow for start, taskbar, action centre, title bars and window borders. For about a day now, whenever i move something in front of my chrome window, the upper bar turns blue instead of yellow. How do i change this?...
  9. Change app background color

Change app background color: I've been able to change most of the colors (Active & Inactive Title Bar, etc.) using Superfly's S.M.A.C.C. However, I'd like to change the background of certain apps, whose background always seems white. e.g. I notice that when I start Calculator, it flashes blue, then turns...
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change screen back to normal