Windows 10: Change audio driver

Discus and support Change audio driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to change my audio driver from IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or any other because it doesn't perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FaizanakaZakuta, Sep 6, 2018.

1. FaizanakaZakuta Win User

Change audio driver

I want to change my audio driver from IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or any other because it doesn't perform good. It's audio manager SRS Audio is so wierd to use and it's equalizer sucks. No bass! neither in speakers, neither in headphones. Now, how to change driver? My laptop is HP Folio 9470m Elitebook with Windows 10 x64

:)

FaizanakaZakuta, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Change audio driver

Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Change audio driver

1. Change audio driver - Similar Threads - Change audio driver

2. Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver: There´s a yellow exclamation point beside my Realtek High-Definition audio controller setting in the device manager, and there´s an error code which simply reads: This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. This...
  3. Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Drivers: Since the Windows 10 October update my audio driver for RealTek High Definition Audio no longer functions correctly. In particular when I play a game, there is NO sound. I can play video files with sound and I can watch YouTube with sound, but there is no sound when I play...
  4. Audio Driver Uninstalled

Audio Driver Uninstalled: I updated my audio driver through an HP App and it asked to restart. I restarted my PC but then afterwards no sound would play even on 100 max volume. I had this problem before and I knew I had to re-install the driver for my sound driver and I could do it through device...
  5. High pitched noise with headphones, can't change audio drivers.

High pitched noise with headphones, can't change audio drivers.: I got this new laptop yesterday, a HP zbook studio G5, I can't use it with my headphones because of some very annoying high pitched noise coming through them only when I plug them in the laptop. I think it might have to do with my audio drivers, but I can't seem to change...
  6. Audio Driver

Audio Driver: Realtek HD audio driver in uninstalled and I can't reinstall the downloaded driver. Tried 2 different downloads but installing drivers not working. Any suggestions or assistance how to re-install the Realtek high def audio driver AUSU F555U Laptop Windows 10 Moved...
  7. Unplugged Audio Drivers, and Audio Problems

Unplugged Audio Drivers, and Audio Problems: Hello, I have been updating my laptop's drivers using Driver Easy (free vers.) and it says that two of my audio drivers are Unplugged and i cannot install an update to them until they are plugged in again. I would like to know where I can find the Drivers in Device Manager...
  8. Realtek Driver Audio

Realtek Driver Audio: Look in vídeo, My microphone audio is cut from nothing. Look my computer setings and please, help me. (Windows 10) (Driver : Realtek Hight Audio Definition) P15hcFXsJ3U 62328
  9. Audio problems - No more audio drivers

Audio problems - No more audio drivers: Hi everyone, I seem to have ran into some audio issues recently that my sound disappeared after extensive use of my laptop. I tried fixing these issues, but I only made it worse I'm afraid... So i tried uninstalling my audio drivers but they didn't automatically reinstall...
  10. Audio driver Error

Audio driver Error: Hi, I've upgraded to WIN10. I do love this OS very much. There is one annoying thing. My sound disappears almost once a day ( random) I then have to download and re-install audio driver. Why does this keep happening? And it's not windows update causing the problem....