Windows 10: Change audio driver

Discus and support Change audio driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to change my audio driver from IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or any other because it doesn't perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FaizanakaZakuta, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Change audio driver

I want to change my audio driver from IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or any other because it doesn't perform good. It's audio manager SRS Audio is so wierd to use and it's equalizer sucks. No bass! neither in speakers, neither in headphones. Now, how to change driver? My laptop is HP Folio 9470m Elitebook with Windows 10 x64

:)

FaizanakaZakuta, Sep 6, 2018

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Change audio driver

Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Change audio driver

1. Change audio driver - Similar Threads - Change audio driver

2. How can I change my audio driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my audio driver?: Hello,I've been having a problem with Realtek R audio driver causing sound delay. How can I change the driver to a 3rd party driver or a driver on the manufacturer's website?Thanks...
  3. How can I change my audio driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change my audio driver?: Hello,I've been having a problem with Realtek R audio driver causing sound delay. How can I change the driver to a 3rd party driver or a driver on the manufacturer's website?Thanks...
  4. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  5. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  6. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Realtek Audio driver automatically changes in between

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio driver automatically changes in between: [ATTACH] Hi, So the problem is while I am browsing or watching videos my Realtek audio driver is acting crazy. Frequently the name changes from Speakers Realtek(R) Audio to Speakers 2-Realtek(R) Audio with a low break sound from speakers. And when I restart the system it...
  8. audio driver

audio driver: no audio output device installed shown. but I install Realtek audio driver, but it shown cross sign in the sound option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver/31afe864-1efc-4b12-b408-a145b01afe0a
  9. Changing audio driver

Changing audio driver: I have multiple audio drivers installed see image. I wish to use a different one to the one currently in use. How do I change which one is used? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-audio-driver/1b9995d8-cb79-47f0-a35d-8685b6dfd2e3
  10. Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint

Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint: Bought a new motherboard and now i'm trying to install the drivers but windows refuses to let me install the mobo drivers and uses Audio Endpoint - provided by microsoft, as a driver. Tried Group Policy Editor to block install Tried setting off driver updates on device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change audio driver

2. how do you change your audio driver

3. ho to change audio driver

4. change audio drive,
  5. how to change audio driver,
  6. change sound drivers