Windows 10: change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10

Discus and support change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed some programs as adminthe only user created at that time. Later I created one more standard non-admin user. Now these programs are by... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NishantD, May 19, 2021.

1. NishantD Win User

change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10

I installed some programs as adminthe only user created at that time. Later I created one more standard non-admin user. Now these programs are by default available for later user also. I want to make some of the programs completely unavailable for this later user such that user doesn't even know about the program is actually installed or not. I don't want re-install these programs. If this is not possible then please suggest a way that this user need to enter admin credentials before running those programs.

:)

NishantD, May 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, May 19, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 19, 2021
  4. change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, May 19, 2021
Thema:

change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10

1. change availability of installed program for other users in windows 10 - Similar Threads - change availability installed

2. How to make a Program available to All Users in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a Program available to All Users in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you have multiple user accounts and you want to make a program available for all users in Windows 11/10, you can go through this guide. Unless it is a portable app, you can make it available for all the existing users on your computer. How to make a Program available...
  3. Windows 10, i need to change app install drive, but there are other program inside!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, i need to change app install drive, but there are other program inside!: I've two HDD, one for SO drive C and another for steam games drive D and other clients, Actually windows apps are by default installed in drive C and i need to change switching to drive D. So, going in Settings -> change defualt location and selecting Drive D, once i press...
  4. Windows 10 change/reset password of Other User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 change/reset password of Other User: I have full admin rights to my laptop and created an additional user account long time ago, now I can't remember the password of this second user account. There is no option to reset or change the password as an admin none that I could find. So how can I get into that...
  5. Minecraft for windows 10, but not available on other user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for windows 10, but not available on other user accounts: Quite an irritating issue. I bought Minecraft for my daughter today. The game has been downloaded to the laptop into my user account, but she cannot access the game from her user account, meaning she needs to log in as me in order to play the game. I'd rather she were able to...
  6. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  7. Location of installments of programs and others

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location of installments of programs and others: After installing a program it is saved 'somewhere or sometimes somewhere it is never been found back again.' Parts of programs or the programs itself installs itself on, for example: - Program Files - Program Files (x86) - Documents - User - Appdata - Local - Or...
  8. Installing Programs makes the Desktop Icons on Other Users Undeletable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installing Programs makes the Desktop Icons on Other Users Undeletable: When you install a program, you get an icon on your desktop, and in other users. *sarc But if you try to delete the icon from the desktop of the other users, you can't delete the LINK that's inside the desktop. If you try to delete it, it won't let you delete the link - it...
  9. Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users: Some programs I installed using my "Admin" account are not accessible to my other "Standard" user accounts. Examples are Spotify and uTorrent. I checked and they are installed in appdata/roaming of my admin account, so I guess they were installed only for that specific...
  10. User settings changed and programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User settings changed and programs not opening in Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop was working perfectly when I shutdown yesterday and when I booted up today all taskbar icons are missing and certain programs do not initialise on startup or cannot be opened because files are missing or paths do not exist. I have done restores using...