Windows 10: Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

Discus and support Change back from backup icon to normal folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I accidently turned my folder "TOM" into this icon, and now I cannot access to the folder. How can can I change it back to the folder icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomzepler, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

/u/tomzepler, Jul 12, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Meghana C Win User

Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

1. Change back from backup icon to normal folder? - Similar Threads - Change backup icon

2. Can’t change folders from read only back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t change folders from read only back to normal.: I am about to lose my mind over this I swear to god. I’ve tried every single one of your suggestions and can’t talk to a real person on the phone. No matter what I do, my folders automatically revert to read only. This is essentially preventing me from using my computer. This...
  3. Can’t change folders from read only back to normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t change folders from read only back to normal.: I am about to lose my mind over this I swear to god. I’ve tried every single one of your suggestions and can’t talk to a real person on the phone. No matter what I do, my folders automatically revert to read only. This is essentially preventing me from using my computer. This...
  4. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  5. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  6. Change windows keys back to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows keys back to normal: The day to to day language I has special characters ā,š,ļ, etc.Recently, I can't switch back to the setting where using ' and letters would create a special character 'a=ā.I tried switching language and keyboard settings, but can't find a fix. There seems to be no reason for...
  7. How do I change my Icon back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my Icon back to normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koreanmobs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf4gp/how_do_i_change_my_icon_back_to_normal/
  8. How to set the icon images back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set the icon images back to normal?: I was trying to edit some files and I accidentally opened it in a program that I didn't want to. Now all of the icons are like this for JSON files. How can I change it back to the white page?...
  9. Customised folder icon keeps changing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Customised folder icon keeps changing back: I like to give the My Documents folder a customised icon so that it will stand out but Microsoft clearly doesn't like you doing this, because after installing updates the icon frequently reverts to the default. Is there a way of customising the icon and making it stick?...
  10. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back: I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the...