Windows 10: Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager

Discus and support Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to make my Boot drive larger - so I went out and got another NVME drive and PCI card to mount it to.I made a clone of the existing boot drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulinAZ0813, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager

I need to make my Boot drive larger - so I went out and got another NVME drive and PCI card to mount it to.I made a clone of the existing boot drive and the ancillary partitions. So I now have two drive that are identical clonesThe next step is supposed to be to tell the BIOS to start using the new drive to boot from. I press f2, and when I go in it says it uses Windows Boot ManagerI then follow the directions for Windows Boot Manager access via the Setting, Update and Security, Advanced, and I get into the Boot ManagerBut there is NO option to change the boot drive?Am I missing something?

:)

PaulinAZ0813, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager

1. Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager - Similar Threads - Change Boot Drive

2. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Boot Drive: Hello everyone.So, I'm trying to change my local drive to a portion of my other SSD that has more storage. Long story short, I got a prebuilt and changed all parts except for local drive with 100 gb in it, 1 gb left to spare because I don't know how to. I finally decided to...
  3. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Boot Drive: Hello everyone.So, I'm trying to change my local drive to a portion of my other SSD that has more storage. Long story short, I got a prebuilt and changed all parts except for local drive with 100 gb in it, 1 gb left to spare because I don't know how to. I finally decided to...
  4. Boot manager booting to the wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager booting to the wrong drive: Hello, Awhile back, with the help of this community, I was able to reimage my computer from an older SSD to a new M.2. The older SSDs were fine, I just wanted to update to a M.2. I would now like to format the old drives and use them as storage. I've read that I can do this...
  5. Changing Boot Drives

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Boot Drives: I have an older PC that has worked exceptionally well. The HDD has a non-OEM I purchased it to upgrade the computer version WIN 10 64 bit with all of my applications and data. Naturally, everything is setup the way I want and I'd like to keep it that way! I purchased a new...
  6. Windows Boot Manager font changed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot Manager font changed: When I repaired my BCD, the bootloader font changed. Here's how it's supposed to look: [ATTACH]here's how it looks now: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-manager-font-changed/b7bd7971-e6da-482d-b3da-5149392920d3
  7. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Boot Drive: Hey everyone. I'm looking to change my boot drive but haven't been able to get a clear idea on how it will work. Currently in my PC I have a SATA SSD, which is my boot drive, and a HDD which I just use for large games and work stuff. I am thinking of getting an M.2 drive to...
  8. Change Windows Boot Manager Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Windows Boot Manager Font: By some luck I did it before, but can't seem to be able to do it again now. Is there any way to Change the font in Boot Manager? I know I have done it before, change the font on my entire system, it would show my selected font everywhere even in the boot manager, on logon...
  9. Boot manager on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager on wrong drive: I just replaced the HDD in this desktop PC with an ssd, but both drives were connected when I installed windows on the SSD. For some idiotic reason it requires BOTH drives to boot to the SSD. Is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall windows all over again?...
  10. change boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot drive: How to transfer my boot drive to new SSD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-boot-drive/99098282-2bfa-4c7b-a5a5-804d4e547f62