Windows 10: Change Boot Logo

Discus and support Change Boot Logo in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, satchmo, that is what I mean, the windows logo above the spinning circles when the computer boots.; Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karstenes, Sep 28, 2015.

1. karstenes Win User

Change Boot Logo

Yes, satchmo, that is what I mean, the windows logo above the spinning circles when the computer boots.;

karstenes, Oct 5, 2015
  2. Gazzoid Win User

Ahhh ok *Smile

Gazzoid, Oct 5, 2015
  3. karstenes Win User
    Yeah, so does anyone know how to change the boot/post logo on windows 10?

karstenes, Oct 5, 2015
  4. dacrone Win User

Change Boot Logo

Winaero tweaker lets you remove that logo and/or the spinning circles separately or both. Just use that tool or ask winaero what file they modified. once you know which file it modifies, you can do it manually and change the logo instead of removing it... probably with resourcehacker...

dacrone, Oct 6, 2015
  5. adt666 Win User
    I tried editing the bootres.dll file but it didn't work. At all. So I tried downloading already edited bootres.dll files for Windows 8/8.1 . And Viola! It worked perfectly. Customized bootres dll megapackage, change boot logo - YouTube. It's a link for a Mega Pack and there should be something in there that suits you. The download also includes the instructions. If it doesn't work for you at first like mine try setting testsigning on and using some script to hide the watermark. If it still doesn't work for you try editing the bootres.dll by using guides for 8/8.1 . Maybe you'll have better luck than me.*Smile*Smile

adt666, Dec 20, 2015
  6. vithoria Win User
    I downloaded the windows 8 logo changer...

open kommandoprompt as admin...
    copy paste: takeown /f C:\Windows\Boot\Resources\bootres.dll
    after success
    copy paste: icacls C:\Windows\Boot\Resources\bootres.dll /grant %username%:f
    after success
    you can now edit C:\Windows\Boot\Resources\bootres.dll with the windows 8 logo changer...
    for the effects to stay permanent u ahve to run windows in testing mode... how to resolve this issue i haven't figured out yet, but if one of you guys know I be happy to listen *Biggrin

vithoria, Apr 14, 2016
  7. Bobeca Win User
    On my Toshiba laptop it is changed by default - the window logo is replaced wit the Toshiba's. I hate the look of that blue logo...

Bobeca, Apr 18, 2016
  8. muffle Win User

Change Boot Logo

Is there a way to change it for UEFI boot too? The method above is just for legacy mode.

muffle, Jul 7, 2016
  9. zapbuzz Win User
    The reason many pc's including desktop and laptops have their own post screen (such as Toshiba) is that the units BIOS chip has a bitmap image that is called onto the post screen. These BIOS chips such as AMI and Etc sometimes have an app available to change it depending on manufacturer. Sometimes enthuiasts post how to decompile and recompile the BIOS manually to include a custom POST image. Therefore thats a possible solution for UEFI than modifying the installed windows copy; that doesn't work. I don't recommend downloading BIOS files that they can be dangerous. The best way is to dump a copy of your own hardwares version or use an officially posted BIOS file from your computers manufacturer to work with. To work with I mean research and learn to make your own modified post logo BIOS.

zapbuzz, Aug 29, 2016
  10. Firepal94 Win User
    C:\Windows\System32\OEMLOGO.bmp

zapbuzz is right, here is the bitmap file
    the problem is, you can't modify it

Firepal94, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change Boot Logo

1. Change Boot Logo - Similar Threads - Change Boot Logo

2. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  3. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  4. Dell laptop boot logo change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop boot logo change: Hi, I bought the Dell laptop But when I boot my dell laptop it shows dell logo as a boot logo but I want to change the Dell boot logo to Windows boot logo but how can I change the Dell boot logo to Windows boot logo. Anyone guide me please To This...
  5. BOOT LOGO

in Windows 10 Customization
    BOOT LOGO: Be can change windows boot logo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-logo/10a232b8-5d4a-49bf-9920-baa899fa024c
  6. Changing boot logo in a device

Changing boot logo in a device: I have a Legacy-enabled laptop. Can I change the boring Windows boot logo to my custom logo? Is there any way to do that? If anyone would reply it would be a great opportunity and help!...
  7. Windows boot logo change

Windows boot logo change: Hola Me gustaria saber como canviar la imagen de windows de cuando abres el ordenador a uno personalizado porque he probado de todo y casi me cargo el ordenador asi que quiero preguntar como canviarlo...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Logo Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Boot Logo Change: Hi everyone, recently I have been wanting to set a video as my bootup screen, but as far as I can tell there are only videos about how to change the image on the boot screen instead of being able to use a video as your boot screen. Is there any way to do this? submitted by...
  9. How to change the boot logo in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the boot logo in Windows 10: I want to change the blue windows that you see in the attachment, thats all. I only some program and the type (eg. jpg, png, bitmap) and size (eg. 1366x768). [img] - - - Updated - - - I am on a Toshiba Satellite C640 110 with Windows 10 32-bit 131157
  10. Changing Windows 10 Boot Logo

Changing Windows 10 Boot Logo: Dear Microsoft Community, I wanted to make a change on my computer but I don't know how to do it. Since I use Lenovo U41-70 (Model 80J3), I changed my BIOS to it's own Boot Screen about 6 months ago. Now I feel it's kind of strange when I am using Windows 10 but with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootres.dll for toshiba laptop