Windows 10: Change boot?

Discus and support Change boot? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought a shiny new gaming laptop with 2 drives - 1TB HD and 1 125 SSD. Had Win 8 on it so I upgraded to Win10. Everything fine - it put Win10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeb1000, Jan 30, 2016.

1. jeb1000 Win User

Change boot?

So I bought a shiny new gaming laptop with 2 drives - 1TB HD and 1 125 SSD. Had Win 8 on it so I upgraded to Win10. Everything fine - it put Win10 on the SSD which is the present boot drive. Then downloaded 2 games - also on SSD.

THEN I used PCMover to tnx everything from old laptop to new - 27hrs worth. It tnxed to SSD as well and stopped when it didn't have enough disc space. Did the UNDUE and then tnx to the HD - drive D. However, the undue did not undue - still had a full SSD.

So I started to delete stuff off the SSD. This morning when I booted the computer it boots to desktop but no internet, many of Win stuff does not work. Went to use restore point - guess what? WIN10 DOES NOT USE RESTORE POINTS LIKE ALL OTHER WIN PROGRAMS IN PAST. You have to set it up ahead of time - not automatic any more.

So I have no restore points.

Long story short, I am now using a USB flash drive to make an installation media for another computer.

Some questions -

1- can one reformat an SSD just like a HD?

2- can I switch WIN10 to the HD and switch it to the boot drive? (Remember, Win10 upgrade is on the SSD now.)

3- how is the best way to solve this problem?

Tks for the help - jb

:)

jeb1000, Jan 30, 2016

2. Nokia Asha 311: not working properly

My nokia ASHA311 Mobile phone properly not working. Reset may be not working.please help and suich on my phone.

Moderator's note: We have amended the title as this post was from another board and was moved to the appropriate board.

Change---01, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 can't display English in chinese laptop bought in china

Yes, same here. Microsoft doesn't give the solution, they are cheating us. Always leave the question without giving the solution

zag change, Jan 30, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Change boot?

Yes you can treat SSD same as a HDD, partition it, format it etc. just don't defrag it. Looks like 128 Gb is way to small for what you need it for. You can convert old HDD to USB and use it to store files on it.
    Best way to solve that problem is to install your HDD in the laptop as secondary drive and point it as target when you install large programs/games. If your laptop can't accommodate another drive, there are adapters to install it instead of CD/DVD drive.

CountMike, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Change boot?

1. Change boot? - Similar Threads - Change boot

2. Change Windows Boot Manager Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Windows Boot Manager Font: By some luck I did it before, but can't seem to be able to do it again now. Is there any way to Change the font in Boot Manager? I know I have done it before, change the font on my entire system, it would show my selected font everywhere even in the boot manager, on logon...
  3. I need help changing what the boot manager boots to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help changing what the boot manager boots to: have a laptop that i need need to change what the windows bootmanager boots to becuase i was trying to dual boot and it screwed up the boot partitions for both so i put windows on my hdd(disk 1) but its still using the boot partition from my ssd(disk 0) how can i tell the...
  4. Slow boot after change in partition type of drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot after change in partition type of drive: I had dual boot configuration with windows 10and Ubuntu. But recently, I had some error due to which I was unable to boot in windows. Therefore, I had to remove ubuntu and I had used windows installation media tool to change patition typesome MPT or GBR stuff. The issue was...
  5. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: So, I was having dinner, windows decided it needed to update, sure go ahead I’ll just finish my delicious meal. After the meal i became excited and really wanted to play Dota 2. So my dumb ass turned off the pc, expecting it to just reboot and I would be able to play my game....
  6. How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced […] This article How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. External drive name changed to boot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drive name changed to boot.: My external drive name recently changed to boot and I lost all of my files on it, I now cannot reinstall said files on my C drive. I deleted the files within the drive and nothing changed, the storage space also changed from 1TB to 252MB....
  8. Windows 10 is stuck in an infinite boot-up loop where it says it’s “undoing changes made to...

Windows 10 is stuck in an infinite boot-up loop where it says it’s “undoing changes made to...: submitted by /u/prince_0f_thieves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy9j5n/windows_10_is_stuck_in_an_infinite_bootup_loop/
  9. System Not Booting After Update - Drive Letter Changed From C To E

System Not Booting After Update - Drive Letter Changed From C To E: My system has been unable to boot for a month or so now. Finally bought a new SSD planning to replace my OS drive. An IT friend of the family recently visited and had a look. Diagnosed that the drive letters got changed after an update, or something similar. The system was...
  10. Booting problem after changing to uefi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting problem after changing to uefi: After converting mbr to gpt using third party app and changing it to uefi from bios, the system is showing "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" then i change uefi and kept as default, then also it is not working...