Windows 10: Change boot?

Discus and support Change boot? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought a shiny new gaming laptop with 2 drives - 1TB HD and 1 125 SSD. Had Win 8 on it so I upgraded to Win10. Everything fine - it put Win10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeb1000, Jan 30, 2016.

1. jeb1000 Win User

Change boot?

So I bought a shiny new gaming laptop with 2 drives - 1TB HD and 1 125 SSD. Had Win 8 on it so I upgraded to Win10. Everything fine - it put Win10 on the SSD which is the present boot drive. Then downloaded 2 games - also on SSD.

THEN I used PCMover to tnx everything from old laptop to new - 27hrs worth. It tnxed to SSD as well and stopped when it didn't have enough disc space. Did the UNDUE and then tnx to the HD - drive D. However, the undue did not undue - still had a full SSD.

So I started to delete stuff off the SSD. This morning when I booted the computer it boots to desktop but no internet, many of Win stuff does not work. Went to use restore point - guess what? WIN10 DOES NOT USE RESTORE POINTS LIKE ALL OTHER WIN PROGRAMS IN PAST. You have to set it up ahead of time - not automatic any more.

So I have no restore points.

Long story short, I am now using a USB flash drive to make an installation media for another computer.

Some questions -

1- can one reformat an SSD just like a HD?

2- can I switch WIN10 to the HD and switch it to the boot drive? (Remember, Win10 upgrade is on the SSD now.)

3- how is the best way to solve this problem?

Tks for the help - jb

:)

jeb1000, Jan 30, 2016

2. Nokia Asha 311: not working properly

My nokia ASHA311 Mobile phone properly not working. Reset may be not working.please help and suich on my phone.

Moderator's note: We have amended the title as this post was from another board and was moved to the appropriate board.

Change---01, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 can't display English in chinese laptop bought in china

Yes, same here. Microsoft doesn't give the solution, they are cheating us. Always leave the question without giving the solution

zag change, Jan 30, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Change boot?

Yes you can treat SSD same as a HDD, partition it, format it etc. just don't defrag it. Looks like 128 Gb is way to small for what you need it for. You can convert old HDD to USB and use it to store files on it.
    Best way to solve that problem is to install your HDD in the laptop as secondary drive and point it as target when you install large programs/games. If your laptop can't accommodate another drive, there are adapters to install it instead of CD/DVD drive.

CountMike, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Change boot?

1. Change boot? - Similar Threads - Change boot

2. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  3. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  4. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....
  6. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....
  7. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows: Hi there,I have around 30 people in our org who since last week have started to see that Edge is defaulting to the be the default PDF handler over Adobe Acrobat whenever they boot the machine or log out and log back into Windows. Nothing has changed from us IT to cause this...
  9. Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows

Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows: Hi there,I have around 30 people in our org who since last week have started to see that Edge is defaulting to the be the default PDF handler over Adobe Acrobat whenever they boot the machine or log out and log back into Windows. Nothing has changed from us IT to cause this...
  10. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...