Windows 10: Change brightness by multi touch

Discus and support Change brightness by multi touch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TouchyGuy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TouchyGuy Win User

Change brightness by multi touch

Hi!
    On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and right (does not work) on the touchpad.
    The problem is, it is not included in the available actions dropdown list, so I have to choose and record a "custom shortcut".
    It is never registered correctly (in fact nothing is registered) because I have to type "FN-key" + "Leftarrow" / "FN-key" + "Rightarrow".
    Is there a possibility to hack this key combination directly into the registry or something?
    Best regards,

winver 1909 Build 18363.778

:)

TouchyGuy, Apr 24, 2020
  2. TouchyGuy Win User

Hi!
    On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and right (does not work) on the touchpad.
    The problem is, it is not included in the available actions dropdown list, so I have to choose and record a "custom shortcut".
    It is never registered correctly (in fact nothing is registered) because I have to type "FN-key" + "Leftarrow" / "FN-key" + "Rightarrow".
    Is there a possibility to hack this key combination directly into the registry or something?
    Best regards,

winver 1909 Build 18363.778

TouchyGuy, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Change brightness by multi touch

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Change brightness by multi touch - Similar Threads - Change brightness multi

2. Multi touch not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi touch not working: I have a hp 15 da0xxxx for the past three days i am unable to use touchpad gestures in my laptop earliar it was fine but now it is not working pls help ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-touch-not-working/332e20d3-f16b-4942-b77f-d1a6d3517009
  3. flickering on multi touch-screens when I touch the first screen, then an other

flickering on multi touch-screens when I touch the first screen, then an other: Dear Comunity !I'm using windows 10 last update and a Nvidia GPU last update.On this PC, there is 4 screens A & B connected including 2 screens C & D with touch-panel detected as HID and 1 keyboard with touch pad logitech k830My bug is :When I'am touching the screen C, then...
  4. Change brightness by multi touch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change brightness by multi touch: Hi! On my laptop, I want to control volume by sliding three fingers up and down (works well) and screen brightness by sliding three fingers left and right (does not work) on the touchpad. The problem is, it is not included in the available actions dropdown list, so I have to...
  5. Multi touch gesture touchpad

Multi touch gesture touchpad: I have a multi touch gesture touchpad. Does the number of gestures I use fingers depend on the laptop model? I cannot find how many fingers I can use in the settings....
  6. problem in multi finger touch

problem in multi finger touch: There was a recent windows update available which I updated 2 days back, even since multi finger touch is not working in my laptop. I checked online, even on windows website but I am not yet able to enable the same. I even tried restarting my laptop, even that did not help....
  7. multi-touch problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multi-touch problem: I upgraded my Windows 8 Acer laptop to Windows 10. Everything is OK but for the multi-touch. It used to work well with Windows 8 but now I can only do single-touch. I contacted to Acer team but they told me they don’t support multi-touch in Windows 10. Reinstalling drivers...
  8. Multi-Touch doesn't work in Windows 10

Multi-Touch doesn't work in Windows 10: I have an Acer V7-481P-6455 laptop which came with Windows 8 preinstalled. The Multi-Touch trackpad worked great until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now it only does single-touch. IIt has a Synaptic PS/2 Touchpad. Acer claims it doesn't support multi-touch in Windows 10 for my...
  9. Mouse pad sometimes is multi touch???

Mouse pad sometimes is multi touch???: I have a Toshiba L735-11X and I don't know whether it's a Toshiba thing or Windows thing or what it has a Synaptics driver for the mouse but sometimes the mouse seems to be multi touch so I can scroll up and down but other times it doesn't allow me to scroll up and down using...
  10. Multi USB touch monitor wrong cursor

Multi USB touch monitor wrong cursor: I have two USB touch monitor (As Primary HDMI and Secondary VGA); As every time reboot, then secondary monitor touch will be wrongly go through to at the same to primary monitor display, The main problem is after reset the tablet PC touch from control panel is work but...