Windows 10: Change C drive

Discus and support Change C drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two SSDs installed internally in my desktop. The C: drive is 500GB and the additional D: drive is 2TB. I would like to transfer everything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasCarterTBC, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Change C drive

I have two SSDs installed internally in my desktop. The C: drive is 500GB and the additional D: drive is 2TB. I would like to transfer everything to the D drive, making it my boot C: drive. Everything that I have stored fits on the 500GB SSD so I know that I should be able to clone it onto the 2TB drive but how I do that and what I do to the 500GB drive to keep it from booting from the old one instead of the new one, I am not sure about either. I want to keep both in the machine.

:)

ThomasCarterTBC, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Apr 28, 2021
  3. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Change C drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

Change C drive

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Change C drive

1. Change C drive - Similar Threads - Change drive

2. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?: I have a rig that's slowly grown over the last few years that I'd like to get a fresh start on. It started with a 2nd gen I7 and GTX660 with 7200RPM HDD, and ahs incrementally carried me across a motherboard swap to a proper gaming rig, now an AMD R7 5800x, RTX 3070, and...
  3. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?: I have a rig that's slowly grown over the last few years that I'd like to get a fresh start on. It started with a 2nd gen I7 and GTX660 with 7200RPM HDD, and ahs incrementally carried me across a motherboard swap to a proper gaming rig, now an AMD R7 5800x, RTX 3070, and...
  4. What is the best way to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 AND change the install drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. change windows system drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change windows system drive: Hi.I got new ssd.Can i move my windows system from one hard disk to another in my case to ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-system-drive/75b8d9df-a1fd-4703-90ec-fb79dd0eb4c9
  6. change windows system drive

change windows system drive: Hi.I got new ssd.Can i move my windows system from one hard disk to another in my case to ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-system-drive/75b8d9df-a1fd-4703-90ec-fb79dd0eb4c9
  7. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  8. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  9. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...
  10. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...