Windows 10: Change "calculating" message when copying or moving

Discus and support Change "calculating" message when copying or moving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, when copying large or lots of files, windows will just say calculating until it finally figures out how long it might take. Does anyone know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Win10userrr, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Change "calculating" message when copying or moving

Hello, when copying large or lots of files, windows will just say calculating until it finally figures out how long it might take.
    Does anyone know how to replace the "calculating" messsage with something else?
    I'd like it to be more like older windows versions, so it could just say hours or days instead of calculating. Silly I know Change "calculating" message when copying or moving :)

:)

Win10userrr, Jul 12, 2020

2. Cannot resize the calculator and cannot move it when it is open on screen

Original Title: Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

I cannot resize the calculator and cannot move it when it is open on screen. Any suggestions.

Paul Wallis, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Change "calculating" message when copying or moving

Cannot resize the calculator and cannot move it when it is open on screen

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with resizing Calculator on Start menu, do let us know how exactly are you trying to do so?

As a workaround if you are trying to resize the Calculator on Start menu, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to pin Calculator to Start menu and Resize it:

• Press Windows key, click on All apps, and right click on
      Calculator.
    • Click on Pin to Start (If not yet pinned), now right click on the tile for
      Calculator on click on Resize.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, try to access the Calculator from safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope it help. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Change "calculating" message when copying or moving

1. Change "calculating" message when copying or moving - Similar Threads - Change calculating message

2. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  3. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  4. Tiny text when copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiny text when copying/moving files: Not sure if this is a bug from a recent update, but when copying or moving files the text for "copy to desktop" for example is now really tiny and unreadable.All other text has remained the same.I've been through the font size and DPI scaling but that doesn't seem to affect...
  5. Tiny text when copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiny text when copying/moving files: Not sure if this is a bug from a recent update, but when copying or moving files the text for "copy to desktop" for example is now really tiny and unreadable.All other text has remained the same.I've been through the font size and DPI scaling but that doesn't seem to affect...
  6. Moving or Copying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moving or Copying: Sunday, December 6, 2020 Yesterday when I first went to copy a file to another location, when I clicked on the copy-folder icon, instead of seeing a tiny button appear to the lower right of the icon saying "choose location" I'm getting this 10" drop-down window which...
  7. That pesky "Destination Path Too Long" message when copying/moving files. On completion...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    That pesky "Destination Path Too Long" message when copying/moving files. On completion...: Sometimes when I'm copying/moving a folder I get that pesky "Destination Path Too Long" message, like this: [ATTACH] If it's just one or two files I can scribble down the filenames and fix things afterwards. However, if there are a lot of files then that's not...
  8. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying: Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the icon changes (No problem), but when I move/copy that folder, the new icon does not show and the hidden ".ini" file will appear...
  9. force autoreplace when copying or moving

in Windows 10 Support
    force autoreplace when copying or moving: Aside from Xcopy, Robocopy, batch files, or the like, is there any way to have Windows quietly replace existing files when copying or moving? 105646
  10. Copy to/Move To

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy to/Move To: Will the Copy To/Move To registry hack for Windows work with Windows 10? Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu 20557