Windows 10: Change characters on keyboard

Discus and support Change characters on keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My keyboard changes characters from ie hash to £. I started recently. How do I correct this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DR EJD'ALTON, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Change characters on keyboard

My keyboard changes characters from ie hash to £.

I started recently.

How do I correct this?

:)

DR EJD'ALTON, Sep 17, 2018

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Change characters on keyboard

Keyboard characters changed after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Jim,

The above issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Keyboard language and system language set are different.
    • Non-updated keyboard drivers.

Before we assist further, did you check if the keyboard layout is similar to the system language set on the PC?

Check if the keyboard layout is set according to the system language appropriately on the PC by following the steps below:

• Click on the added keyboard language on the system tray located next to the date & time settings on the desktop taskbar.
    • Check if the layout is similar to the display language added in the settings page.
    • If not, click on the language icon and select the language layout from the options and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on How to add an input language to your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab01

Write to us with the status of the keyboard characters reversed on the PC on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Change characters on keyboard

1. Change characters on keyboard - Similar Threads - Change characters keyboard

2. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  3. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  4. Is there a setting for changing characters @£ Designer Compact Keyboard in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a setting for changing characters @£ Designer Compact Keyboard in Windows 10?: I can't get the symbols above numbers on my new Designer Compact Keyboard to work properly in Windows 10 on my Microsoft Pro 4. The symbols that come up don't match what's written on the number keys. @ is coming up for the single quotation mark key and I can't even find the...
  5. Is there a setting for changing characters @£ Designer Compact Keyboard in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a setting for changing characters @£ Designer Compact Keyboard in Windows 10?: I can't get the symbols above numbers on my new Designer Compact Keyboard to work properly in Windows 10 on my Microsoft Pro 4. The symbols that come up don't match what's written on the number keys. @ is coming up for the single quotation mark key and I can't even find the...
  6. Is there a setting for changing characters @£ Designer Compact Keyboard in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings: I have two computers where I type using Japanese IME. On my US-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using SHIFT+CAPS LOCK. On my JP-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using just CAPS LOCK. Needless to say, this causes...
  8. Keyboard Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Characters: I will soon need to create text documents in spanish. This language (as others) has specific character requirements. For example, a sentence that is a question begins with an upside down question mark, sometimes the letter 'n' has a small mark above it, etc. How do I proceed?...
  9. Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows: How to: Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows How to Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows If your Windows device has a hardware keyboard, you can change the character repeat delay and rate for when you press and hold down a...
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427