Windows 10: Change child administrator to adult

Discus and support Change child administrator to adult in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SamWestman, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Change child administrator to adult

We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it wouldn't allow us to. We get the pop-up that asks if we want to allow whatever program to make changes to our pc and we only have the NO option. No YES option. I tried to do a factory reset, but again I only got the NO option. I cannot change his birthday either. This is very frustrating. I called microsoft support but they basically only will help if I purchase support? The virtual agent is useless and I called the company I bought the pc from and they said the technical guy was out to lunch, and to send him an email.

I'm hoping someone will read this, and be able to help me, I have no clue as to how to change my son from the administrator to me, because it just will now allow us to do much of anything because of his age.

Thank you for your help!

:)

SamWestman, Jan 8, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Change adult birth date to a childs birthdate.

Hi,

While you are able to change a child account to an adult account, there is no way that we can change an adult account
    to child account. However, we suggest that you create a new child account as a workaround.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Attrition Win User

Change child administrator to adult

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Change child administrator to adult

1. Change child administrator to adult - Similar Threads - Change child administrator

2. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  3. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  4. Change age of "child" back to adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  5. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  9. Changing an adult account into a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  10. Child to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child to adult: I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-to-adult/930eca1b-6c5f-4b17-86db-79913ecc99e0