Windows 10: Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop

Discus and support Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 inch laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H RTX 3070 for my kid from an online reseller only to find out that it is in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lester968, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Lester968 Win User

Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop

I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 inch laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H RTX 3070 for my kid from an online reseller only to find out that it is in windows 10 pro china version. I cannot get through the log in page because it is in chinese. Here is what i want to achieve.1. I want to remove the windows 10 pro china and replace it with the English Version. What do i need to do?2. If i replace it with an English version, what will happen with the OS license?

:)

Lester968, Jun 8, 2021

2. Laptop bought in China having chinese language and not able change the language

I bought a laptop in China and it is having windows 10 chinese. I tried all the ways I know to change the language. But only the name of the apps are coming in English rest all(settings, etc) are in chinese still. So, how do I get complete English

PrudhviRaj1996, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Sam557MV Win User
    Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language?

Thanks

Sam557MV, Jun 8, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Laptop bought in China having chinese language and not able change the language

If you bought the laptop in China, it was installed with the localized Chinese version of Windows. If you want the English version of Windows, you have to buy that version of Windows and install it (via clean install) on your laptop.

BulldogXX, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop - Similar Threads - Change Chinese Language

2. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  3. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  4. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English: Hi, I've changed accidentally in my PC the Windows 10 News and Interests language from English to Chinese China, but I can't change the language from Chinese China to English, due to Internet censorship and ban. ¿How I can revert this? I've tried with a restoring point, but...
  5. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English: Hi, I've changed accidentally in my PC the Windows 10 News and Interests language from English to Chinese China, but I can't change the language from Chinese China to English, due to Internet censorship and ban. ¿How I can revert this? I've tried with a restoring point, but...
  6. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Computer is bought in china, and I can't change the language to anything other then chinese.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Computer is bought in china, and I can't change the language to anything other then chinese.: My Computer is bought in china, and I can't change the language to anything other then chinese and I'd like to change it to english. I've already use this laptop for a couple of months and I have a couple of files I think are pretty important. Is there a way to change the...
  8. Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English: I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language? Thanks...
  9. chinese Simplified,China

in Windows 10 Customization
    chinese Simplified,China: I can not remove that langue from my PC[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-simplifiedchina/331a05de-15d6-4fc7-aa5a-6d0d4b350207
  10. Chinese Laptop - Cannot change language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chinese Laptop - Cannot change language settings.: I wondered if anyone had any experience of this: recently purchased a laptop in China. The laptop is running Windows 10 Pro 64bit and was already setup by the online store so was displaying Chinese language on the system. Despite downloading the language pack for English UK...