Windows 10: Change color fonts (text) Windows 10

Discus and support Change color fonts (text) Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have yellow letters that are hard to read that I want to change to view easier. How do I? In my Reliability Monitor, ( Control Panel\All Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tdraym, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Tdraym Win User

Change color fonts (text) Windows 10

I have yellow letters that are hard to read that I want to change to view easier. How do I?

In my Reliability Monitor, ( Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor), under the action column the words "View Technical Details"

are yellow letters, hard to read I want to change to a different color. How do I ? This has only changed since I reinstalled Windows 10 Home, ver.1803, OS build 17134.376 about 2 weeks ago.

I have checked " Use High Contrast" is in the off position the rest of my text is all fine not looking to change everything. So any help ?

Thanks Tdraym

:)

Tdraym, Nov 11, 2018
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 11, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Linux Mint 10 font dropshadow

I just noticed that I got the title window font colors so cool that when the window is inactive the text on the title bar looks like it's depressed, and I really like the effect so I did some of that "noticing" thing I never do and noticed that it has a drop shadow on it. Now it just so happens that the color of the inactive title bar text is not too far from the color of the window text, and I was wondering how to get a drop shadow on the application font. It's a bit confusing, the window text color and the application font get applied to the same text, since the color is part of the theme and the text is part of the window manager (?).

TL;DR:
    Drop shadow on application font, how do?

Example:

Change color fonts (text) Windows 10 Screenshot.png

hellrazor, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Change color fonts (text) Windows 10

Changing Font Color, Size, etc.

Hello Kymm,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: To change Font size.

• Type settings in the search bar and select the same.

• Then click on System.

• Use the slider change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Step 2: To change font color.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type regedit in the run box.

• Navigate to the following keys one by one:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

4. You may customize the advanced appearance settings by changing the values of various
    DWORD and strings given in the right-side pane.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry.

Refer: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Change color fonts (text) Windows 10

1. Change color fonts (text) Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change color fonts

2. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  4. font color change

in Windows 10 Customization
    font color change: How do I change gray font color to black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color-change/295973f5-2fd2-46ce-9a88-ab214a12070b
  5. Windows 10 Changing Tab font color

Windows 10 Changing Tab font color: In my new windows 10. No sure I have the nomenclature correct, but in most program window there are tab line at the top of the window. Like if you have Chrome running and have multiple sites open each site has a tab and in the tap is a short description of each website....
  6. Text changing color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text changing color: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to fix this? I got my Windows 10 laptop on Christmas and this issue started happening shortly after, where the text randomly turns green, purple, or pink. It stopped happening and recently started again. I've not messed with the graphics...
  7. Change Font Color

Change Font Color: I have been having problems with the colored font for incoming emails. I cannot read them because they are too faint. How do I change this font to black so I can read it? Send me a link to change the font to black for any font color. Thanks. Paul Jones...
  8. change windows 10 font color

change windows 10 font color: change windows 10 font color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-font-color/1ed12c8f-90e0-4f8d-bfc1-a13cfc7dfa44
  9. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Change Window Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Window Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Window Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Window Text Color in Windows 10 The window text color is black by default in Windows 10. These windows include various classic Win32 system windows and dialogs such as File Explorer, Local Group Policy Editor,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows 10 font colours

2. change font color from gray to black

3. windows 10 change font color

4. how to change colors of fonts on windows 10,
  5. why doesnt windows 10 have colored fonts in e-mails,
  6. change Windows 10 font colors,
  7. font colours in windows 10,
  8. change color font windows,
  9. windows true type font how to change color,
  10. change windows 10 file fonts color,
  11. change text colors in windows 10