Windows 10: Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

Discus and support Change colors of toolbars and icon texts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the colors of toolbars, text in toolbars?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamKritzstein, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

How can I change the colors of toolbars, text in toolbars?

:)

SamKritzstein, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Fafhrd Win User

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

The toolbar changes folders into drop down lists automatically:

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts [​IMG]

They are drop down lists for each subfolder - I changed Camera Roll Icon in Pictures to that of a camera instead of a plain folder - and drilled down thru Screenshots to find some accidental downloads that ended up there!
    However, the desktop toolbar takes you everywhere!

Fafhrd, Sep 3, 2019
  3. To change Desktop icon text color.

Hello Vivek,

We suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below. This will also work in Windows 10:

How does one change the desktop icon text color in
    Win10

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. How to back up and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

You can also refer to this link as well.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

Inside the folder you wish to use as a toolbar, create a 'bogus' shortcut (1) that points to the folder itself, name it nothing by holding Alt and type 0160 on the numeric keypad release and press Enter, give it a desired icon;
    next, unlock Taskbar, hover on partition marker til you see a double sided arrow then right click to bring up the aux. menu, uncheck Show Text/Show Title (2,3), use Large Icons if you wish (4)(your taskbar gets really thick though!), Lock Taskbar (5)

Edwin, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Change colors of toolbars and icon texts

1. Change colors of toolbars and icon texts - Similar Threads - Change colors toolbars

2. icon text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  3. icon text color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon text color: I want to change the desktop icon text color. Using Themes doesn't do what I want. ANy suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-color/95e395f2-e21a-4b08-bf2c-b6a146febcca
  4. icon text color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icon text changing color and shading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon text changing color and shading: Hello all! I have a unique question I haven't found an answer to. My 85 year old grandfather has an old Windows 7 computer we recently upgraded to 10. So far he loves it! But... His desktop icon text is normally black with no shadow, but sometimes after he closes programs...
  6. Changing the color of the toolbar

Changing the color of the toolbar: Hello! I'm posting this question primarily because of the lack of customization options with the toolbar (the menu with File, Edit, View, stuff like that). I'm pretty sure that the color of this is set by Windows, due to how standardized it is, so I don't see why there is...
  7. Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?: I am curious to know if the text can be changed to icons only or even include icons. Cannot stand seeing all that toolbar text... If it's even possible or i'll just get TrueLaunchbar 78039
  8. Color of Icon text

Color of Icon text: Is there a way to make it black? right now I can only make them white or white with a drop-shadow. 60017
  9. Toolbar background color change

Toolbar background color change: My toolbar background color has changed to a sick shade of pink color. This color is also the background in other programs. I have no idea of what changed it or how it came about. Can this color be customized/changed back to the default? 43840
  10. Is there a setting to change Icon text color and.....

Is there a setting to change Icon text color and.....: Is there a setting to change the colors of Icon text other than hilight and also a setting menu to change the Hottracking color? *Biggrin 32363