Windows 10: Change comma to period as default decimal separator

Discus and support Change comma to period as default decimal separator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This should be simple. I want Windows 10 to treat my numpad decimal separator as a period, instead of comma (danish default). I have changed it under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidQvist, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Change comma to period as default decimal separator

This should be simple. I want Windows 10 to treat my numpad decimal separator as a period, instead of comma (danish default). I have changed it under number formats in control panel, but it has no effect on the system whatsoever. I have rebooted the system. Still does not work. Could you please tell me how to do this?

:)

DavidQvist, Jul 22, 2018

2. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Jul 22, 2018
  3. ella&mm Win User
    Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

I have an opposite problem. In regional settings the decimal separator is set to be a comma by default but Windows 10 calculator uses only a dot. In regional settings there is no thousands separator by default but the calculator insists to use a comma
    as the separator. This is not a big deal but very irritating though since it messes up my head. If somebody manages to solve this problem I'd be happy to hear!

ella&mm, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Vorta13 Win User

Change comma to period as default decimal separator

Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hello!

I have a problem with Windows Calculator's decimal symbol always being a comma.

I've set my decimal separator in regional settings to be a dot, and it is a dot in other applications I use (like Adobe and Autodesk products). Only Windows Calculator ignores this setting and it remains a comma.

How do I make Windows Calculator (in Windows 10 now) to use dot instead of a comma?

Vorta13, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Change comma to period as default decimal separator

1. Change comma to period as default decimal separator - Similar Threads - Change comma period

2. i can't use my period or comma keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't use my period or comma keys: I can't use my period or comma keys but i can hold shift and get the shift version of the keys I have tried another keyboard and the windows virtual keyboard so im sure its not a hardware problem but i can only use the shift versions Please help me since not being able to use...
  3. i can't use my period or comma keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't use my period or comma keys: I can't use my period or comma keys but i can hold shift and get the shift version of the keys I have tried another keyboard and the windows virtual keyboard so im sure its not a hardware problem but i can only use the shift versions Please help me since not being able to use...
  4. Decimal separator changes after Update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decimal separator changes after Update to Windows 11: Since I upgraded from Win10 to Win11, after each update the decimal separator changes from comma to a dot.Region settings are set to German/German.Any idea what could cause this behaviour?...
  5. Decimal separator changes after Update to Windows 11

Decimal separator changes after Update to Windows 11: Since I upgraded from Win10 to Win11, after each update the decimal separator changes from comma to a dot.Region settings are set to German/German.Any idea what could cause this behaviour?...
  6. Enable page flipping with comma/period in Pinyin IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable page flipping with comma/period in Pinyin IME: Hello Microsoft Pinyin developers I noticed that after the update in March 2021, flipping page with comma/period is not supported. Unless I check "Use previous version of Microsoft Pinyin" option in the IME settings, otherwise I have to use PgUp/PgDn. I 'd like to tell...
  7. Decimal point replaced by comma

Decimal point replaced by comma: In calculator, instead of a decimal point, I see a comma. [ATTACH] Also, in Microsoft Word, I see a comma - again in place of a decimal point. [ATTACH] Moved from: Microsoft education/ Office / Word...
  8. Changing List separator to Comma

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing List separator to Comma: Hi Could you help me about List separator? I've changed List separator from semicolon to commaand saved it. But it seemed that List separator was still semicolon. Is it because "Decimal separator" is "comma"? I found the some websites that said that if the "Decimal...
  9. Windows Update causing a change to use of decimal characters (period and commas)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causing a change to use of decimal characters (period and commas): Hi, I work in software tech support. I've had several European users recently experiencing troubles in our software due to decimals being expected as commas or periods or vice versa. Our software will display decimals as either comma or period, but won't accept data input...
  10. Change Default Win+Comma to Win+Space Aero Peak

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Default Win+Comma to Win+Space Aero Peak: Win+Space used to activate Aero Peak, but now it's Win+Comma. Is there any way to change this behavior? 30126