Windows 10: Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain

Discus and support Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem that my credentials are being stolen all the time, over almost half a year. Each time I have to reset my computer, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2525qa, Jul 26, 2020.

1. 2525qa Win User

Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain

Hello,

I have a problem that my credentials are being stolen all the time, over almost half a year.

Each time I have to reset my computer, so I can "reset" the credential stealth process over in my computer.

I figured out that maybe the problem is due to my computer setting which is "workgroup",

while I am obviously not part of any group

My computer is a home computer and I live alone.

I saw that in order to change the workgroup setting, I need to enter my DNS in the "domain" name,

but I could not find it,

and could not find any other way to remove the other accounts linked to my system.

Thank you!

:)

2525qa, Jul 26, 2020

2. Migrate to Workgroup from Domain

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand as you want to switch the PC from Domain to workgroup.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + Pause Break or open
      control panel and click on System.
    2. Click on Advanced system settings from the left pane.
    3. Select the Computer Name tab from the top and click on
      Change.
    4. Select the radio button beside Workgroup and provide a name.
    5. Click Ok. Then in the prompt click Ok.
    6. Type the user name and password of an administrator account from this PC (not domain), and click/tap on
      OK.
    7. Restart the PC and check.

However, for further assistance
    I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Domain user to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 26, 2020
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain

Changing Computer Name

I'd like to change the name of my computer by the following steps:

Control Panel

System & Security

System

Computer name, domain & workgroup settings

Change settings

What are the ramifications of doing this?

GaryDelnevo, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain

1. Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain - Similar Threads - Change computer system

2. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  3. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  5. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  6. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?: Hello, I'm trying to set a wallpaper in all machines of my WorkGroup, and I don't have a domain, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-wallpaper-in-a-workgroup-without-a/12c633ef-93a5-4fcf-94e2-056aae1edb36
  8. Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network ID Not changing from workgroup or domain to home network: So recently, I decided that I would finally activate my windows 10, and bought a key. So when I went to the activation settings, this text pops up: We cant activate windows on your device because you not connected to your organizations network. But I'm not part of an...
  9. Domain and Workgroup

Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  10. Missing domain for Workgroup

Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...