Windows 10: Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.

Discus and support Change config file win 10 displays wrong location. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Type in Edge my location result Malaysia. Type my location in Bing Or Google Maps in Edge result Cyprus which is correct. Some Apps do not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrevJon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TrevJon Win User

Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.

Type in Edge my location result Malaysia.

Type my location in Bing Or Google Maps in Edge result Cyprus which is correct.

Some Apps do not work correctly that use ntuser.dat or windows config. Others that use ip address are fine.

:)

TrevJon, Jan 7, 2019

2. BF3 Config Utility

New! BF3 Config Utility v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • New 5.1 setting!
    • Added call outs to settings.
    • Changed both Profile config and Config File display text to richtext format. Now you can see the settings easier. I plain to turn the Config File Text display into a Real Text Editor, and not just a crappy notepad viewer. This new display will send the return carriage, and not show it.
    • New screen shots of the General Tab and Config File tab have been added to the OP.
    Version v1.2 got 233 downloads! *Toast :toast: Thanks everyone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jan 7, 2019
  3. cortana , wrong location

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1

Firstly, I suggest you to check the region settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +W.
    • Type Region & click on Region & language settings.
    • Check if the region selected in correct.
    Method 2

Turn off and on the Location settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • Type Location and click on Location settings.
    • Turn Off and then turn the location On and check if issue persists.
    Method 3

Ensure that Date and Time set correctly and check the issue status.

• Press Windows key + W and type Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Date and Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone
    • Save the changes and check the issue status.

Method 4

Synchronize their system clock with Internet Time and check if it helps.

• Click the Date and Time display on the Task bar followed by Change date and time settings.
    • Click on Internet time tab.
    • In the Internet Time Settings window, mark the check box with label as Synchronize with an internet time server and specify the server name.
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.

BF4 Config Utility

New! BF4 Config Utility v1.3

Change Log v1.3

• The latest update changed the config location. This version resolves that issue.
    • Added more console commands in the advanced tab. It's been a very busy day and I hope to have a bigger update tomorrow!
    Get it here! and it's in the OP.

Mindweaver, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Change config file win 10 displays wrong location.

1. Change config file win 10 displays wrong location. - Similar Threads - Change config file

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. Change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  4. why are files saved to wrong locations?

in Windows 10 Support
    why are files saved to wrong locations?: I save a current file I'm working on to a folder. I expect the system to take that as the operative folder until I save something else to a new folder. But that's not what happens! Instead, the system decides a seemingly random folder is the next candidate for a file that is...
  5. Wrong Location(?) of Documents folder and OneDrive problems Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Location(?) of Documents folder and OneDrive problems Win 10: Hi all, MS Windows 10, Version 2004 (OS Build 1904.746) Hoping someone can help me solve a frustration I'm having... I installed Win 10 just around a year ago and I'm sure I somehow managed to move the location of my documents folder. Not much of a problem as it still...
  6. Files name wrong after changing location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files name wrong after changing location: Hello I need help on my problem. Recently I change all my file location in my PC Such as Documents, Desktop, Downloads,.. etc from C: storage to D: storage. I find it strange because all the files are namely wrong and had the same name. Like, the Desktop and the Download...
  7. Changing location of my user files and folders, win 10

Changing location of my user files and folders, win 10: I've performed a clean install of win 10 1903 - Build 18632.295. (Too terrified to click the "Oh NO!" button to update it further.) Before I do that, I need to move my all of my personal data, user folders (not the dreaded appdata junk) to a new 2tb internal hard drive....
  8. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  9. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  10. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...