Windows 10: Change Control Panel Icon

Discus and support Change Control Panel Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mandan, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mandan Win User

Change Control Panel Icon

Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit?

Thanks

:)

mandan, Mar 13, 2016
  2. HairyFool Win User

Control Panel icon

Click on Start > Settings > Personalisation > Themes

Scroll down to Related Settings > Desktop icon settings, a classic control dialogue will open with tick boxes, one of which is Control Panel

HairyFool, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Control Panel icon

Running Windows 10. I accidently "hid" my CONTROL PANEL on the desktop. How can I make it visible again?

James Glass, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 13, 2016
  5. mandan Win User
    Correction, it's not a shortcut. I placed the Control Panel icon on the desktop from the Desktop Icon Settings menu.
    The Control Panel is the only one that does not have the properties or change icon selection in the menu.

mandan, Mar 13, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I recommend you create a shortcut and then you can modify it however you will, be it a new icon, or another name.

Change Control Panel Icon [​IMG]

OR
    You can even modify the control panel shortcut in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools(while there after changing it, right click and send to desktop)and the new icon will show up in Start Menu/ All Apps. You can then pin it to the start menu and it will show the new icon.

Cliff S, Mar 13, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 13, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

To create a shortcut on Win10, I just go to either an already existing shortcut in the system(App Data or Program Data/ Microsoft/ Windows StartMenu) or go to the .exe application file in system32(see screenshot below) and right click, choose send to desktop, which automatically creates a shortcut,.

Changing .exe icons can cause false positives when running sfc /scannow, and unless you know how to read(or what to take the time to do it) the CBS log, I find shortcuts the better choice.

To change back to the original icon, click change icon again, then you just find the .exe in C:\Windows\system32

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Control Panel Icon - Similar Threads - Change Control Panel

2. Blanc icon in the control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Blanc icon in the control panel: I have in my control panel a blanc icon (no name) i don't no what is? can somebody help me i have already make IconCache.db delete and rebuild but no changing. Windows10 20H2 [img] 169935
  3. Control Panel Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  4. mail icon not displayed in control panel.

mail icon not displayed in control panel.: DEAR SIR, I'M USING WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP AND OFFICE 365.I HAVE A PROBLEM ON MAIL OUTLOOK PROFILE CREATION.IT WSNT DISPLYED IN CONTROLLED PANEL.PLEASE HELP TO GET THAT BACK....
  5. Change control panel categories icons

Change control panel categories icons: In this tutorial explains how to change control panel icons, but some of them are missing, (all in categories list) Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 [img] How to change them? 146282
  6. Problem with Java icon in control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Java icon in control panel: Hello, couple days ago, i reseted my pc windows 10, but before that i took some applications and copied them to disk local D, when i reset it , i installed java jdk and jre in my computer, i added the paths to the environment variables, installed eclipse, and it s working...
  7. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...
  8. Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 How to Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 In addition to Control Panel to change settings for Windows 10. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use...
  9. Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows: How to: Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows How to Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can...
  10. No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel: Hmmn? I noticed Win 10 installed its own digitally signed driver says its the latest 5.362 but date is 22/07/2015 Downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia for my GTX970 shockingly my system reports that I can't install them. I don't know how I'm going to get the...