Windows 10: Change CPU from laptop to PC

Discus and support Change CPU from laptop to PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I exchange a Core i3 laptop CPU from my broken laptop to a PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Trung KiênVN, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Change CPU from laptop to PC

Can I exchange a Core i3 laptop CPU from my broken laptop to a PC?

:)

Trung KiênVN, Sep 26, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Change CPU from laptop to PC

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Change CPU from laptop to PC

1. Change CPU from laptop to PC - Similar Threads - Change CPU laptop

2. upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate: OK so I upgraded from win10 to win11 about 12 months or so ago so my account has a 'digital licence' but I've just made a major upgrade on my mb cpu ram and gpu am4 to am5 and now windows just will not activate. I'm signed in to my account, the digital licence is associated...
  3. upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgraded pc mobo and cpu change now W11 will not activate: OK so I upgraded from win10 to win11 about 12 months or so ago so my account has a 'digital licence' but I've just made a major upgrade on my mb cpu ram and gpu am4 to am5 and now windows just will not activate. I'm signed in to my account, the digital licence is associated...
  4. CPU and motherboard change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  5. Changing from an HDD to an SDD on a laptop

Changing from an HDD to an SDD on a laptop: Hello! I Changed the hdd to an ssd and now I can't activate my windows even though I have the correct product key from my account. Is there a way to solve this issue?...
  6. reactivating windows after changing the pc's CPU

reactivating windows after changing the pc's CPU: I am having difficulty in reactivating windows after changing the pc's CPU Prior to the change, I linked my digital licence to my MS Account In my MSA I can see both versions of my PC listed, once with the old CPU and once with the new CPU If I go to activation -...
  7. Cant change Maximum CPU Power in Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant change Maximum CPU Power in Acer laptop: I cant change Maximum CPU Power from advanced power settings. There is no option for changing cpu settings. [img] My laptop is Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G NX.GZAEY.002. 127361
  8. Change brightness on my pc laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change brightness on my pc laptop: I can't seem to be able to change my brightness on my HP Stream laptop. The buttons won't work and I tried through the settings and it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-brightness-on-my-pc-laptop/b7efaf97-04f3-44d5-8fc8-133f5e8c3dca
  9. change cpu from 32 to64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change cpu from 32 to64: When I upgraded to W 10 It wen to32,how do I change to 64. 27350
  10. Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it safe to change CPU core setting in msconfig on HP laptop?: I have the HP beats special edition laptop. Processor model is: AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics 1.9 GHz, 4 MB cache. Is this processor safe to change this setting on? 64824