Windows 10: change current user keyboard

Discus and support change current user keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my windows 10 HP laptop key board changed without notice I cannot fix it, help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albertocarvajal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. change current user keyboard

my windows 10 HP laptop key board changed without notice I cannot fix it, help

:)

albertocarvajal, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    With "new user", keyboard changed to Dvorak

Be sure that you have first removed Dvorak keyboard from your own user account. Tutorial: Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

In step 4, check that Current user (yellow highlight in below screenshot) shows correct keyboard (input language). It is OK if New user accounts (blue highlight) still shows Dvorak, it shows the current setting. It will be changed to your US as soon as you select Copy your current settings > New user accounts on bottom of the prompt, and click OK.

change current user keyboard [​IMG]

4. change current user keyboard

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

change current user keyboard

1. change current user keyboard - Similar Threads - change current user

2. Weird Registry Key in Current User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Registry Key in Current User: I was clearing out all the files from uninstalling AutoCAD when I noticed a registry key that looked odd. It is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and starts with "u:591fbee8- " then continues with a long string of letters and numbers with intermittent dashes and periods. I'm not sure...
  3. "not writable by current user" Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "not writable by current user" Error message: Hello,Why am I getting this message?Never had this before/Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-writable-by-current-user-error-message/7320d5c5-4289-470e-97b9-a43f29b780bb
  4. How to remove current user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove current user: Hi I just bought a computer and I want to remove the person whos login information it has on it and put mine on it.It is windows 10 Pro and I have the person I bought it from passwords and pin...
  5. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  6. Stuck on "Choose Keyboard" after changing to a new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on "Choose Keyboard" after changing to a new user: Hello - I created a new Outlook user account from my family plan for my dad so he can do onedrive backups. He forgot the password to his prior account and we could not recover it. We could not select the OneDrive folder on his C: drive that was previously specified, so we...
  7. Merge user files with current administrator user/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merge user files with current administrator user/account: I bought a new laptop. I transferred all users, applications and files from the old one, but I need to merge the admin user on the new one with one of the admin users transferred from the old one....
  8. Log off all but current user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  9. With "new user", keyboard changed to Dvorak

in Windows 10 Support
    With "new user", keyboard changed to Dvorak: After setting up a new user for my wife, I tried typing but I immediately found out my keyboard is now Dvorak. Went back to MY user and it's still normal. Went back to the new user and I tried to fix it by doing the following. Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language...
  10. Change to Notebook design regarding keyboards -- not user replaceable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change to Notebook design regarding keyboards -- not user replaceable: I just thought I'd share an experience I recently had with an HP notebook, regarding the keyboard replacement. Most laptop/notebook makers these days are endeavoring to shrink the casing, to keep up with Apple's thin computer design evolution. But as most people know, Apple...