Windows 10: Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

Discus and support Change "D" drive to "C" drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bill Jackson007, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

:)

Bill Jackson007, Jul 12, 2018

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Bawell Win User
    How to change destination drive? From C to D?

How to change destination drive? From C to D?

Not enough disk space on drive C

Bawell, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Maryssa22 Win User

Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

1. Change "D" drive to "C" drive. - Similar Threads - Change drive drive

2. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  3. Problems with c and d drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with c and d drives: Hello, I just purchased a notebook with an GB memory 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive. When transferring all my files onto the new computer, everything went to the onedrive, which doesn't have enough space either and I didn't want to use it. I figured out how to delete...
  4. Drive C and Drive D going bananas

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drive C and Drive D going bananas: Sorry for the format, I'm on mobile. So I recently got a PC with drive C having roughly around 20ish GB unused storage while drive D having around 130GB. After that I installed steam and PUBG. C and D went down to 16GB and 98GB respectively. Three weeks after that, I got...
  5. C: and D: drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  6. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  7. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  8. D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive

D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive: I bought a laptop for gaming that is supposed to have a Terabyte HDD a few months back. I trusted that it was actually what it said since the reviews were good. I decided to see how much disk space I have left and when I checked... the D Drive was the terabyte and my C Drive...
  9. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...
  10. Wish to change drive order - Drive 1 is currently D: and Drive 2 is C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wish to change drive order - Drive 1 is currently D: and Drive 2 is C:: I'm currently configuring a new PC with Windows 10 Pro - it has two identical 2TB hard drives. Somehow (and don't ask me how) the drive order has become mixed up and volume C: is on drive 2 while volume D: is on drive 1. The boot drive must be drive 2 given that volume C: is...