Windows 10: Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009

Discus and support Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have read several web things about this, but none of the suggestions work, or I don't understand the terms. Older Vivitar camera, will download from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathyEthier, May 25, 2020.

1. Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009

Have read several web things about this, but none of the suggestions work, or I don't understand the terms. Older Vivitar camera, will download from SD but date on file is wrong. Fix in files? Or is there a way to do 10 at once in Photos?

:)

KathyEthier, May 25, 2020
  2. JOEFYIE Win User

Photo Date

I had an old digital camera which defaulted my photos to 2099. Now, they appear at the top of my list. Is there a way to change the date on a group of such photos?

JOEFYIE, May 25, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 25, 2020
  4. Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009

The info shows the photos creation date as of July 15, 2009 but a modified date of Dec 31, 2049 so therefore they show at the top of the collection.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know if the dates were correct
    in the PC while copying the photos to the computer ?

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps below and see if it helps.

• Open Photo Gallery
    • Click View on the upper part of the screen
    • Choose Tag and caption pane on the upper right side of the screen
    • Click the photo that has incorrect header
    • On the lower right side, you'll see Information. Aligned with
      Date taken:, change the date.
    • Click the Refresh button (F5) on your keyboard.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009

1. Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009 - Similar Threads - Change date photos

2. On pc I have my photos from my camera and photos off my wife's phone I want to put them in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    On pc I have my photos from my camera and photos off my wife's phone I want to put them in...: On my pc I have the photos off my camera and my wife's phone I am trying to put them into order but win 10 won't let me keeps numbering them so I can't organise them in the correct order. There .must be a simple way please help...
  3. Dates on old photos randomly got changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates on old photos randomly got changed?: For reference, my computer uses Windows 10, but I have an iPhone. Yesterday I was trying to transfer a few recent photos from my phone to my computer - I've done this a million times, by the way, so it should've worked the same. The recent photos got transferred no problem,...
  4. older version of photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    older version of photos: where can I download older version of windows photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-version-of-photos/bb8781e9-3a4d-4a7b-bcc2-e34f2a979061
  5. How to put them together and batch run them?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put them together and batch run them?: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  6. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  7. Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures

Photos randomly changes dates of my pictures: Hi, I have noticed this happening several times now. I am currently sorting my photos and doing albums with Photos. However, it turns out that Photos sometimes changes the dates on some of the photos, so that afterwards, they appear in a messed up order in the Photos gallery....
  8. Can't change photo date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change photo date: Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection view, right click menu but then Change date is greyed out. Why? I can't see anything consistent about which photos will and...
  9. How to put date in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to put date in taskbar?: I want to add the date on the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home, if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-date-in-taskbar/39353f3e-08a0-4c44-9f29-5b9a3391e4a6
  10. Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder.: I have the Photos app set to save new images into a new folder for that day's date, however, it persistently saves them to the previous day's folder. When I first installed Win 10, the app re-dated many of my photos to 2028, but I can alter that. I've checked my system...