Windows 10: Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes?

Discus and support Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In previous versions of Windows, it was easy to associate a file type with a different program from its default, but in Windows 10 I don't seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ninafel, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Ninafel Win User

Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes?

In previous versions of Windows, it was easy to associate a file type with a different program from its default, but in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get my CDs to open automatically in iTunes when I insert them in the drive. They keep opening in Windows Media Player, but I want to them to open in iTunes so the songs I choose will sync with my iPhone Music.

I have iTunes set as my default player--at least it appears that way under Default Apps--but it's not working in this instance. Normally, I would have simply gone to a list of file types and associated .wmv with iTunes, but I can't find out how to do that in Win10 no matter where I look.

:)

Ninafel, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Wile E Win User

Converting iTunes to Windows Media Player

Are these songs bought from iTunes Music Store, or ripped CDs? An mp4 player will play iTunes ripped songs, as long as it's not in Apple Lossless or AIFF, but it won't play Music Store songs by default.

Wile E, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Grings Win User
    Grings, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Chronia Win User

Change default program for "Play all" button in media folders?

Yes. As previously mentioned I have tried everything in this thread and more. Changing the default app is one of the steps in this thread. It hasn't changed the behaviour of the play all button, it still launches media player, not iTunes even though the default app for music is iTunes.

Chronia, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Change default app for CDs from Windows Media Player to iTunes? - Similar Threads - Change default app

2. Windows Media Player not burning CDs .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player not burning CDs .: After burning it shows this peculiar info:"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."What flummox me...
  3. Windows Media Player not burning CDs .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player not burning CDs .: After burning it shows this peculiar info:"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."What flummox me...
  4. Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs: I recently purchased a new Dell Desktop Computer with the Windows 11 Operating System but it doesn't come with CD/DVD player I've connected an external player but every time I attempt to rip a disc to the computer I receive the following message: Windows Media Player cannot...
  5. Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn CDs in Windows Media Player: When trying to burn a CD in Windows Media Player, I'm getting an error message that states " Windows media player cannot burn the files, if the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have...
  6. Windows media player will not burn cds

Windows media player will not burn cds: Every time I try to burn a cd in media player, I get an error message about some files not being able to be burnt, and to click the icon beside the files. There are no icons beside the files and it happens EVERY time I try!...
  7. window media player to rip my cds

in Windows 10 Customization
    window media player to rip my cds: i have used window media player to rip my cds however it is no longer connected to the music resources and does not name songs or artists why is it that this is the program you use to rip with?????????????...
  8. Windows Media Player will not burn CDs

Windows Media Player will not burn CDs: I bought a new computer a month ago. I tried to burn a CD today from Windows Media Player but it will not recognize a blank disc. First, I tried burning a CD using iTunes and burning a data file to CD. Both worked fine. Next, I looked up troubleshooting via Microsoft...
  9. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  10. Windows Media Player will not rip Cds

Windows Media Player will not rip Cds: I have Windows 10 version 1803 OS Build 17134.285. I have been unable to determine which version of Media Player I have. It will no longer rip Cds. Should I just install/reinstall Media Player 12? If so, where do I get it from Microsoft? Will all my existing files be saved?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default app for ripping cds

2. make windows media player default windows 10