Windows 10: Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

Discus and support Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I some how changed file type .dst to open with Corel Draw. I need to change it back to unknown application. I am operating with Windows 10. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MVP SPORTS GROUP, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

I some how changed file type .dst to open with Corel Draw. I need to change it back to unknown application. I am operating with Windows 10. I have tried going through control panel/default programs/ however it forces me to pick an application, no option for "unknown application".

:)

MVP SPORTS GROUP, Aug 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 - change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

I some how changed file type .dst to open with Corel Draw. I need to change it back to unknown application. I am operating with Windows 10. I have tried going through control panel/default programs/ however it forces me to pick an application, no option
    for "unknown application".

KELLYTALLO, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

Hello Kelly

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with file type. We will certainly help you.

Let's try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the file which you want to open and select Properties.

2. Now click on Change and click on Look for another app on this Pc from the new opened window.

3. Now search though the system and select the file you want to open with for example
    Corel Draw.

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst

Hello, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to unassociate .dst files.

Unassociate_dst.reg

Brink, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Sorry to be helpless...I ran the file you attached Unassociate_dst.reg above. How do I "merge" the file to unassociate the .dst files? Thank you!

MVP SPORTS GROUP, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem. You can double click on the .reg file and approve the prompts to merge it.

Brink, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Thank you. It worked perfectly.

MVP SPORTS GROUP, Aug 18, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change default application back to "unknown" for file type of .dst - Similar Threads - Change default application

2. How to CHANGE application in default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to CHANGE application in default apps by file type: Hi, I wish to change "jpg" files type to open in Photoshop Elements 2020 Editor but Windows no longer offer the choice to navigate to my PC "PhotoshopElementEditor.exe" file. How can I change this? Thanks,...
  3. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  4. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

in Windows 10 Support
    Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  5. Can you automate changing default application for a file type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you automate changing default application for a file type?: I have an application (WPS Office) which repeatedly hijacks the default application setting for PDF away from Acrobat Reader to itself. I don't want this and it wastes a good deal of my time as I keep on setting it back to where it should be. Is there a way, such as a...
  6. Can you automate changing default application for a file type?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you automate changing default application for a file type?: I have an application (WPS Office) which repeatedly hijacks the default application setting for PDF away from Acrobat Reader to itself. I don't want this and it wastes a good deal of my time as I keep on setting it back to where it should be. Is there a way, such as a...
  7. Change default program for file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default program for file types: I'm unable to change my default file type for .ini files, .md, etc. I'm trying to use Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code. I've attempted it multiple times by going to the file and choosing the default as well as through Default Apps. Anyone know a fix for this? I'm on the...
  8. Win10 continually changes the default application type for file types that I have set to...

Win10 continually changes the default application type for file types that I have set to...: I have set Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as my default app for file type .PDF using windows system settings. This functions properly for a few hours, then windows automatically resets the default app for PDF files to Microsoft Edge. I really prefer Acrobat and it is very annoying...
  9. Not possible to define a default application by type of file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not possible to define a default application by type of file: Good morning, since a few weeks, every time I try to open an excel, word or illustrator file (just as examples) I get the following error: [ATTACH] When I try to go to set the default app by file type setting, I see that the .ai file has no application assoviated with...
  10. How to change a .package file back to an "Unknown application" when opened

How to change a .package file back to an "Unknown application" when opened: Hi, I decided one day to play around with my .package file and accidentally pressed an app for the "open with" option. Now all my .package files go into photo albums when opened. The icon of the .package files also look like the photo album icon. I have watched many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change file type default to unknown

2. file type change back to unknown application

3. how to change file type back to unknown