Windows 10: Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

Discus and support Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linuxxo, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Linuxxo Win User

Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

Hi,

We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer 11. The issue we have is that if a user search the web using the default Windows 10 search tool, he/she will be presented with the Bing option to "Open results in browser", but instead of defaulting to Internet Explorer 11, the link will attempt to open Edge which is being blocked by the system administrator. Is it possible to change the default browser for that particular link? If not, is it possible to prevent the link from attempting to open Edge?

Many Thanks

:)

Linuxxo, Dec 20, 2019

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    How do I change my default browser in Windows 10? Frustrated

Hi,

Windows 10 sets Microsoft Edge as the default browser for opening web links.

You can change the default web browser by following the below steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key +R and type control and click ok.
    • This will open control panel, select default program and select set default program and choose the web browser of your choice.
    Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change default browser

2. Windows 10 keeps changing default browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 keeps changing default browser: [ATTACH]The beauty of the Windows 10 operating system is that you’re spoiled for choice […] This article Windows 10 keeps changing default browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Browsers cant open results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers cant open results: I need to open a site for a job offer but cant. I can go on steam, I can download, I can go on youtube and all other devices work fine in my house. I've tried commands like flushdns. All browsers are like this. I get the same error on all of them. I updated windows 2 minutes...
  4. Changing The Default Browser . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing The Default Browser . .: Firefox . . . Is, my default browser. When, I click on my email. It opens, with Firefox. I have, other browsers. But I just, installed, 360 Extreme Browser. I'm trying, to make it, the default browser. So, I clicked on my email, link. It, opened using, the Firefox...
  5. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  6. Changing default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default browser: I have Lenovo and want to change default browser. Please help me change the default browser. Thank you Brian M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-browser/21f4bddc-91ea-43d5-93e4-cc52d6c8d8cc
  7. change default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default browser: I cannot change my browser and home page and start up to google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser/5623d04e-53f8-4346-8946-0057ef02fcbe"
  8. Change default browser

Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  9. Changing default browser in Windows 10

Changing default browser in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 and habitually use MS Edge as my browser despite the poor favourites management. When I follow a link in an email from MS Outlook, it opens in MS Internet Explorer, so I assume that Edge is not my default browser. This has only recently started happening, so...
  10. Search results ignore my Default browser...

in Cortana
    Search results ignore my Default browser...: Despite setting my Default browser choice in Windows 10, when I search from the Start menu the results open in MS Edge! It also appears that Search results are ignoring my Default search engine too - using Bing instead! How do I force Search results to open in my Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open results in browser

2. open results in browser windows 10

3. change open result in browser