Windows 10: Change default c: drive

Discus and support Change default c: drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer I can understand. I added a new bigger SSD, I cloned it to my current c:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottPlummer, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Change default c: drive

Okay, I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer I can understand.

I added a new bigger SSD, I cloned it to my current c: drive. All I want to do is switch these drives.

:)

ScottPlummer, Jun 8, 2020

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DChange default c: drive :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Jun 8, 2020
  3. quasar923 Win User
    how do i change my default drive

how do i change my default drive to the C drive it is now the partioned D drive but it is running out of space and all i want on the D drive is the windows OS. what do i do???????

quasar923, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Change default c: drive

Changing the ownership of C: drive and all the folders and subfolders within it to default settings

Hi,

You may modify the ownership of the drives on your computer for specific users for security purposes to access its permissions. However, this option is unable to revert back to its default setup. If you run into a problem with other users on your PC, you
    may just add the Administrator and they must use the administrator account to access its permission. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • Right-click on the C: drive and select Properties >
      Security tab and click the Advanced button.
    • On the Advanced Security Settings for Windows (CChange default c: drive :) window, click the
      Change button for the Owner, type Administrator on the
      Enter the object name to select section, and then click
      Check Names
      . This will allow all administrator accounts.
    • Once you’re done, click OK > Apply and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, click OK to save the changes, and then check if these steps resolved your concern.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Change default c: drive

1. Change default c: drive - Similar Threads - Change default drive

2. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  3. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  4. Change Default One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default One Drive: Hi!I have a personal and business one drive on my laptop. Currently it is using my personal one drive as default one. How can I change it to business one drive?ThanksGaurav...
  5. How to change default drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change default drive?: I ever changed my Windows 10 PC Users folder from drive C to an external hard drive D for backup. When I run my Windows 10 pc, I must connect the external hard drive D; otherwise, there is no data in my PC desktop except for the Recycle Bin icon. How can I change back my...
  6. Change C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change C drive: I have two SSDs installed internally in my desktop. The C: drive is 500GB and the additional D: drive is 2TB. I would like to transfer everything to the D drive, making it my boot C: drive. Everything that I have stored fits on the 500GB SSD so I know that I should be able...
  7. Default to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default to C drive: I have just built a computer with its own hard drive. I start windows 10 and it seems that everything's going to OneDrive maybe?, I've been messaged about not enough room. How do I make certain that C drive is what everything is installed to?...
  8. Changing Default drive to D

Changing Default drive to D: I am trying to get a game loaded from CD and it does not give me the option to load it to D drive. How can I make sure any CD games etc will automatically load to D Drive? Is there a setting somewhere?...
  9. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628