Windows 10: change default camera

Discus and support change default camera in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bu7nt, Aug 7, 2022.

1. bu7nt Win User

change default camera

hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as a default cambut when i tried to do it, it didnt say set as a default camera at all. thank you!

:)

bu7nt, Aug 7, 2022

2. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 7, 2022
  4. sbpetrack Win User

change default camera

Default Camera

I know this is an old thread, but unless I'm somehow missing something, Edwin's "answer" is simply unrelated to grandpavic's question.

Every idiot knows how to set the default MICROPHONE, although not every idiot can turn it into a complicated 10-step process as thouroughly as Edwin.

Probably for this reason, "how does one set the default microphone?" is just one of several BILLION questions that grandpavic did NOT ask.

Grandpavic, I have never seen a documented answer to your question. I have the impression that the camera which is used by the modern "Camera" APP is the defiault camera. You make this choice in the main window of the Camera app itself: there is a little "switch-me" icon in the top left corner of that window. Click on it until the camera you wish to choose is displaying its video in that main window. Then close the camera app. (annoyingly, most "modern" apps don't have any "quit" button, and in fact you were not supposed to quit them at al. Newer versions of these apps seem indeed to exit the app when you close their main window, so you don't have to worry about the memory footprint wasted just to choose a default. In any case, the default web cam of the system is the one the modern Camera app last used,

But that is just my empiical observation . I wouldnt normally allow myself to post some personal speculation as an 'answser' in such forum as this. But you asked a LONG time ago, withought receiving a single answerl. So i wanted to se what i could do

--Scott

sbpetrack, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

change default camera

1. change default camera - Similar Threads - change default camera

2. change default camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  3. change default camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  4. default camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default camera: When locating my USB logitech camera in devices, there is no button to select it as a default within the properties menu. Please advise.* this is not an issue for most software but windows built in camera app cannot select its own input, it seems to be locked to the default.....
  5. change default camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default camera: How to change default webcam in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-camera/0e19b8a0-6ca9-4d2e-9642-a866c67faa15
  6. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10: Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it. So please add Default Camera Input...
  7. Default Camera

Default Camera: Hi, I've tried all the solutions on Google and I still can't figure out how to disable my internal camera built in my laptop. I want to make my USB Webcam my default camera, and disable my internal camera. What is the most simplest solution?...
  8. Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera

Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera: I want to set the default camera for videos e.g., GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom to a USB-connected Logitech Webcam PRO 9000. I have downloaded the Logitech software and confirmed the camera is working. However, while I see the Logitech device in Control Panel -> Devices and...
  9. How to change default camera in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default camera in windows 10?: Hi guys, I just connected my ps eye camera to my pc. Online I found how to install the drivers and through the appropriate ps eye app on the pc I can select the camera and see through that. But if I want to use it also in skype or other apps, how can I tell Windows that ps...
  10. Default Camera

Default Camera: My system has two webcams. How do change the one that I want to use as default. 21420